• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If anybody is interested in GAMA, I suggest talking to the pilots BEFORE you interview. And don't trust much of what they say in the interview. They have at least been completely wrong in the past, and maybe worse.
The pilots work a six on three off schedule, and it won't be changing anytime soon. Almost worse, if it were possible, the have no SOP's to speak of, and up to now at least have offered no IOE. For anybody. Including PIC's. Just get your type and go. The director of training is a balloon pilot, so I guess you can't blame him for not knowing better.

They just started demanding a training contract for new hires. I think they had to, because at least six PIC's have quit already, since October.

Go there if you want to, but go in with your eyes open.
good stuff; thanks for posting, this why FI serves a purpose

If anybody is interested in GAMA, I suggest talking to the pilots BEFORE you interview. And don't trust much of what they say in the interview. They have at least been completely wrong in the past, and maybe worse.
The pilots work a six on three off schedule, and it won't be changing anytime soon. Almost worse, if it were possible, the have no SOP's to speak of, and up to now at least have offered no IOE. For anybody. Including PIC's. Just get your type and go. The director of training is a balloon pilot, so I guess you can't blame him for not knowing better.

They just started demanding a training contract for new hires. I think they had to, because at least six PIC's have quit already, since October.

Go there if you want to, but go in with your eyes open.

I know a few ex-Avantair guys that have left for places like XO Jet & TMC. Well, a KingAir is almost as slow as a balloon so the direct of training has "got this"!

Last edited:
Almost worse, if it were possible, the have no SOP's to speak of, and up to now at least have offered no IOE. For anybody. Including PIC's. Just get your type and go. The director of training is a balloon pilot, so I guess you can't blame him for not knowing better.

If they are selling by the hour, doesn't that make them 135? If so how can they get away with no training programs?

You have any idea how much that would cost?
Pobably a lot, especially with their preceived turnover, but the question is, how can they hold out by the hour and not have a certificate? The guy in the video clip said these people are not owners like a traditional fractional.

found this on the their website......wheels up is just a middle man it seems....just another charter company. no wonder a king air is $4000+ an hour.

Wheels Up Partners (?Wheels Up?) acts solely as agent for the Wheels Up Members in arranging flights on their behalf. Wheels Up is not an operator of aircraft. FAA licensed and DOT registered air carriers will exercise full and complete operational control of the program aircraft. Any aircraft owned by Wheels Up will be dry leased to the operating air carrier to facilitate operations by that carrier. For the VistaJet program, Wheels Up acts solely as a sales agent for VistaJet with VistaJet acting as the agent for the passenger and Jet Aviation Flight Services, Inc., an FAA Part 135 certificated and DOT Part 298 registered air carrier, operating the aircraft used in this program. Subject to additional terms and conditions in the Wheels Up Program documents. The Hitch, Split, Flash, and Shuttle features are subject to regulatory approval

^^^ beat me to it, being another broker is the only way they could get away with it ;)

Latest resources

Back