• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Quick question for the corporate and fractional pilots - Wheels Up membership and annual dues are $ 23K for the first year, followed by an hourly rate of $ 3950.0 per hour. It seems a little expensive to my uneducated eye.

If one were to charter a King Air 350 at a good quality operation, how much would it cost per hour ? Any comments as to why Kenny thinks he can charge a large premium, if that is the case ?

Quick question for the corporate and fractional pilots - Wheels Up membership and annual dues are $ 23K for the first year, followed by an hourly rate of $ 3950.0 per hour. It seems a little expensive to my uneducated eye.

If one were to charter a King Air 350 at a good quality operation, how much would it cost per hour ? Any comments as to why Kenny thinks he can charge a large premium, if that is the case ?

They should have called this company Penguin or Kiwi. Flightless bird aviation - who is going to pay this much for a kingair? I don't care how many letters after the numbers, it's still a Kingair with no lavatory and internal baggage.

I don't get it either.

They should have called this company Penguin or Kiwi. Flightless bird aviation - who is going to pay this much for a kingair? I don't care how many letters after the numbers, it's still a Kingair with no lavatory and internal baggage.

I don't get it either.

Um, the 350i has 55 cu ft of interior, accessible baggage space (+ wing lockers) and a separate flushable lav with sink. And it'll haul 8 pax and bags with a full load of gas. The hauling capacity beats most super-mid bizjets, if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.beechcraft.com/beechcraft/king_air_350i/assets/documents/Beech_350i_Brochure.pdf

Yes, it's still a turboprop, so it has the image issue to overcome. But for short regional ops it's as quick as a jet and can get in and out of more places. I have no idea about Wheels up's pricing compared to the charter market. Looks like he's trying to offer a frax-like product, and attach a frax-like premium. I think it's a niche market and don't know if it will support a company, but the 350's a capable bird for the right profile.

Um, the 350i has 55 cu ft of interior, accessible baggage space (+ wing lockers) and a separate flushable lav with sink. And it'll haul 8 pax and bags with a full load of gas. The hauling capacity beats most super-mid bizjets, if that's what you're looking for.

http://www.beechcraft.com/beechcraft/king_air_350i/assets/documents/Beech_350i_Brochure.pdf

Yes, it's still a turboprop, so it has the image issue to overcome. But for short regional ops it's as quick as a jet and can get in and out of more places. I have no idea about Wheels up's pricing compared to the charter market. Looks like he's trying to offer a frax-like product, and attach a frax-like premium. I think it's a niche market and don't know if it will support a company, but the 350's a capable bird for the right profile.

Is the ProLine 21 fully integrated on the KA350i? I don't believe it has autothrottles, etc. How integrated is it?

autothrottles...pffft, thats what the SIC will be for, cause theres nothing else for them to do in a single-pilot airplane :p

nearly $4,000/hr on a King Air?? :confused:

They also teamed up with JetSuite... A LAX-SEA flight on a 4 passenger Phenom 100 will run over $12,000 one way.....

I just don't see it..

Dichter, to me, is a glorified used car salesman ( a very good one) who has the right connections that are willing to hand him millions for any scheme he wishes..

Latest resources

Back