• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Asked a rep at NBAA if they were hiring. He didn't know, but I gave him my card to forward to Gama...Havent heard anything yet.

nearly $4,000/hr on a King Air?? :confused:

They also teamed up with JetSuite... A LAX-SEA flight on a 4 passenger Phenom 100 will run over $12,000 one way.....

I just don't see it..

Dichter, to me, is a glorified used car salesman ( a very good one) who has the right connections that are willing to hand him millions for any scheme he wishes..

More than $4000 per hour. He expects members to fly 20-30 hours per year so factor in a 20 hour use with a $10K annual membership fee and you are talking nearly $4500 per flight hour but hey, you might get back stage access to Justin Beiber and a jar of Snake Oil.

One could get a Beechjet or similar, with better range etc... For probably $2500/hr..... Just have to charter instead of do one of these buy in programs....

Doesn't one hour most often turn into to two hours on a charter, when taking into account positioning? With this operation a one hour flight is a one hour flight. People will pay a premium for a new aircraft with continuity in the experience which a fractional type operation will provide. With the loss of avantair and CitationAir I think they will do well.

Doesn't one hour most often turn into to two hours on a charter, when taking into account positioning? With this operation a one hour flight is a one hour flight. People will pay a premium for a new aircraft with continuity in the experience which a fractional type operation will provide. With the loss of avantair and CitationAir I think they will do well.

Depends on the operator, but I highly doubt WU will move a bird for less than a minimum charge as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for fellow pilots finding work and the aviation sector getting busier. That being said, in my 10 years of flying charter I have learned that the kind of people willing to spend 4 grand an hour to fly, do NOT wanna see propellers on their mode of transport...we shall see i guess!

Maybe, and maybe not. Either way, you can pay for one hell of a lot of repos with the savings. 4K per hour plus the high fees is outrageous for a B350. I completely disagree with your assessment. They have priced themselves out of the targeted niche market, and are competing with much more capable options at that price point. You could easily charter a sovereign including repos for less money when you consider the fully burdoned rates and the speed difference. Continuity and alleged, if not suspect, experience delta isn't going to offset that fact.

Marquis built it's model and "success" around the exclusive service of NetJets. No offense to Gama Aviation but their industry reputation is largely unknown to the targeted consumers. There is a big difference between a business jet in "Marquis by NetJets" and a turboprop in "Wheels Up by Gama".

At the time of of Marquis' sale to NetJets the value was in the brand name "Marquis by NetJets" and not much else. The Company had very little residual value and a ton of debt. Additionally, don't forget Dichter burned NetJets by returning a large portion his shares used for resale in cards back to NetJets when the economy tanked taking NetJets to the brink with debt. He is not well thought of by most people other than some pilots. Pilots like him because he gave out free stuff and said nice things about the pilots on national TV.

Probably going to see a few in Vegas too. GAMA has on office on the second floor at Signature.

Jussss sayin'

Latest resources

Back