Wheels up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Spoken like a Fat Cat fractional pilot.:blush:

In this case, "peanuts" is a relative term. If you were a kid coming out of flight school and half your friends couldn't find jobs in or out of aviation, how good would 70K sound for flying an airplane? When employers can no longer find willing candidates, salaries will go up, but that will attract more people to the industry which will again put downward pressure on salaries. If the need becomes greater than supply, we'll get whatever we ask for. Until then, the current pilot job market is what it is. You can't expect to get a windfall for market conditions that haven't occurred yet. 10/250 is a pipe dream as is 180K for pt 135 King Air captain. If those numbers ever become a reality, flight schools will be jammed packed with new meat willing to cut your throat. Count on it.

While I can agree with most of your points don't casually brush aside arbitrary numbers as a "pipe dream".

I remember in a section 6 not so long ago a majority of people saying "an Ultra Pilot WILL NOT get $100k+...just say'n.

So Fisch how do you explain the time you spent at the regionals making crap wages?

Everything is a give and take in negotiations and something has to give if something is taken. Is 250K unreasonable? Probably not but what is the give? Harry is not going to give in to that without a serious take. Is it a good target? Yes. I am all for it but is realistic, I can't say, no one really knows what the real numbers are. What we do need to do is uphold our profession to the best of our abilities and accept only improvements. This career has been crap enough!!

Everything is a give and take in negotiations and something has to give if something is taken. Is 250K unreasonable? Probably not but what is the give? Harry is not going to give in to that without a serious take......

We've already been giving for the last 6 years and they have gladly taken.

Considering the price of pilots with similar training, experience and qualifications, we've been giving away one hell of a bargain.

We've already been giving for the last 6 years and they have gladly taken.

Considering the price of pilots with similar training, experience and qualifications, we've been giving away one hell of a bargain.

How have we been giving for the last six years? The IBB was voted in and that's what we've been working under. I voted no on it for many reasons and one of them was being six years long. Thank the kool-aid drinkers for the loss of buying power when there was more to be had. We still have too many guys that have no sense of value for their self worth or the value of our profession.

How have we been giving for the last six years? The IBB was voted in and that's what we've been working under. I voted no on it for many reasons and one of them was being six years long. Thank the kool-aid drinkers for the loss of buying power when there was more to be had. We still have too many guys that have no sense of value for their self worth or the value of our profession.

You just answered your own question.

Latest resources

Back