Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You think $70k is "not too bad"??? :erm:

Pilots are their own worst enemies...

What do KA350 charter pilots typically get paid in the Northeast? More than $100K? Wheels Up is basically a block charter provider - right?

I'd be curious to know what VistaJet/Jet Aviation intends to pay their upcoming Global 6000 pilots (operation begins in March)...

An airplane is an airplane. I don't care if it is a King Air, Citation, Hawker, Airbus, or Boeing.

Why some are willing to take peanuts ($70k) to do the same job is pathetic. How much does a SWA PIC make? Why is he worth more than you? Time to get some self worth folks. There is a looming pilot shortage. STOP BRING THE PROFESSION DOWN.

Disgusting...

Hard to find some informations on the compansy aircrafts but if you yahoo search wheels up king airs you find this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RNjLbOXL4

So training has begun. Good lucks.

Ya knew it was just a matter of time before someone posted this. Wheels Up sure is a bizarre name for an aviation company flying retractable gear complex flying machines. DUH!

Makes a great training video though, for Wheels Up King Air Pilots ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2RNjLbOXL4

Gotta love Miles Obrien narrating. They might have been Garrets dummy. Anyway, thanks for the laughs Turbanhead.

the sad truth is that MOST 91/135 pilots only make 60K to 75K on average.
If "starting" pay is 70K, flying a prop, I say it`s not bad. I would love to be making 170K flying a King Air...who wouldn`t.....but really!!!
The real question is: What kind of "Pay Progression" is there...and that goes for any company.
I defy any of you to give me a "Prop Payscale" that starts at 70K and say tops out at say 110K.
I mean c`mon fellas...Pay rates for 91/135 pilots will stay "depressed" for a long time in these USA...Unions or not, makes no difference. Been there done that.

Be a man. Sheesh.

$70k is insulting.

So are you suggesting it's better to sit home & collect unemployment if you can't make six figures???

I'm suggesting that it is better to know what you are worth and go get it.

If these companies can't get enough pilots at $70k, $100k, $180k then the free market will drive up salaries.

If you don't think you're worth industry leading pay, that's fine. Just get out of my skies. Start your own business. Get rich.

"my skies"?...what the hell does that mean?

If everyone made "industry leading pay"...would that mean nobody makes less?

You're right that if employers couldn't get pilots at $70K...salaries would go up...but they can get all they want at $70K to $120K...so why pay more? Nice to dream that you can make more, but it simply isn't reality for most.

This has been discussed over and over again...can't you comprehend this very basic principle of economics?

Latest resources

Back