What's the problem with GJ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
h25b said:
We're both right... It's an insult, I just don't agree with trying to make another pilot's life miserable unless they are actually scabbing or doing something in direct violation of your CBA. There's enough misery in this profession to go around already. Bottom line, get your next contract and try to scope GJ out of existence.
You're opinion is in the minority.

Most of the rest of us fully believe that a pilot who goes to work for G0 Jets FULLY KNOWING what they have done and why the company exists DESERVES EVERYTHING THEY GET AND MORE.

Most of the rest of us fully believe that if a pilot who DOES NOT know any better goes to work there and is educated by one of the TSA brethren or some other person IN A CALM, INTELLIGENT, BUT DIRECT MANNER with FACTS to back them up but that pilot STILL continues to work there, that pilot DESERVES EVERYTHING THEY GET AND MORE.

I personally believe the TSA pilots should hang around the hotel where the G0 Jets pilots are in training and look them up their 2nd or 3rd night while studying and clue them in on the facts. At least then the TSA pilots can say they made an honest effort to educate those pilots and none of those pilots can claim "they didn't know".

What they are doing is just ONE SMALL LEVEL above being a Scab. You're intelligent enough to understand that, by accepting employment at a company that is being used to whipsaw another group into a concessionary contract, a G0 Jets pilot is DIRECTLY affecting the livelihood of another pilot.

That is morally and ethically WRONG.

I know many people these days don't care about "right and wrong", especially if doing the "right" thing would delay their career goals, but that's NOT AN EXCUSE to keep doing it.

As a result, there are repercussions. I do my small part.

G0 Jets pilots: if you are ever jumpseating on a NWA CRJ flown by Pinnacle, make sure you ask the gate agent who the crew is. If you see "Richard Murphy" on the release as the Captain, you might as well go find a different way to where you're going, as the animosity caused by you being on the aircraft constitutes a safety of flight issue.

I keep a copy of the Freedom and G0 Jets lists in my PDA in the same list as the Eastern guys (what few are left). I'm not the only one...

Last edited:
yeah 'cause 9E has always been the most reputable place to work. You guys got all your CRJ's because of your stellar operations. ;)

Lear70,
I hear you talking, but one question...... Was not Express ticket bought and 9E started to whipsaw XJ. Not to mention what 9E has done to NWA and its wages? You and I are part of the same problem. We all are at the regional level.

If you guys at 9E had not bent over and took it from NWA, you'd still be flying J31's and "pink" Saabs. You guys took crap pay, screwed your FO's and gave XJ a bunch of hand me down Saabs. (Including one that rolled into a ditch.)

You say your a Capt. at 9E? So I would be willing to bet that you came on when 9E was making you pay for the honor of working for them... I guess that's makes you way above the ************************* guy...

Bashhatesyou,
I'm one of the screwed F/O's. As far as the Saab rolling in to the ditch........"Plane will not roll in ditch when chocked".

Lear70 said:
You're opinion is in the minority.

Most of the rest of us fully believe that a pilot who goes to work for G0 Jets FULLY KNOWING what they have done and why the company exists DESERVES EVERYTHING THEY GET AND MORE.

Most of the rest of us fully believe that if a pilot who DOES NOT know any better goes to work there and is educated by one of the TSA brethren or some other person IN A CALM, INTELLIGENT, BUT DIRECT MANNER with FACTS to back them up but that pilot STILL continues to work there, that pilot DESERVES EVERYTHING THEY GET AND MORE.

I personally believe the TSA pilots should hang around the hotel where the G0 Jets pilots are in training and look them up their 2nd or 3rd night while studying and clue them in on the facts. At least then the TSA pilots can say they made an honest effort to educate those pilots and none of those pilots can claim "they didn't know".

What they are doing is just ONE SMALL LEVEL above being a Scab. You're intelligent enough to understand that, by accepting employment at a company that is being used to whipsaw another group into a concessionary contract, a G0 Jets pilot is DIRECTLY affecting the livelihood of another pilot.

That is morally and ethically WRONG.

I know many people these days don't care about "right and wrong", especially if doing the "right" thing would delay their career goals, but that's NOT AN EXCUSE to keep doing it.

As a result, there are repercussions. I do my small part.

G0 Jets pilots: if you are ever jumpseating on a NWA CRJ flown by Pinnacle, make sure you ask the gate agent who the crew is. If you see "Richard Murphy" on the release as the Captain, you might as well go find a different way to where you're going, as the animosity caused by you being on the aircraft constitutes a safety of flight issue.

I keep a copy of the Freedom and G0 Jets lists in my PDA in the same list as the Eastern guys (what few are left). I'm not the only one...

O.K. "Richard" ... Your crusade will last about 6 months or so until a new arch enemy of the regional airline profession is crowned. Do whatever you like if it makes you feel important. If you spend the time it takes to keep these lists with you I'm sure you have no other more important issues to occupy your mind.

And I'm not in any big minority. When I flew 121 and commuted I hardly ever ran in to any jumpseat Nazi captains like yourself. My guess is that the GJ pilots make it to work just fine. Just to prove my point can I ask how many GJ pilots you have personally refused a jumpseat to ??? My bet is ZERO. If so, you're just full of it aren't you... So keep taking the high road Capt...:rolleyes:

Whip-saw, Bidding lower for work, It's all the nature of the beast......And we are the beast. Until the one common denominator "ALPA" stands up to take a stand, it will continue to spiral down ward.

h25b said:
And I'm not in any big minority. When I flew 121 and commuted I hardly ever ran in to any jumpseat Nazi captains like yourself. My guess is that the GJ pilots make it to work just fine. Just to prove my point can I ask how many GJ pilots you have personally refused a jumpseat to ??? My bet is ZERO. If so, you're just full of it aren't you... So keep taking the high road Capt...:rolleyes:
And how many of them do you think have even tried to jumpseat on another carrier? How many airlines do you think they have jumpseat agreements with in the first place? And my final question...you don't fly 121 anymore....you're an almighty corporate pilot....so why the hell do you even care?

SkyBoy1981 said:
you don't fly 121 anymore....you're an almighty corporate pilot....so why the hell do you even care?

I'm just trying to point out with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight that YOU are part of the problem. This juvenile bickering and playground antics only serves to eat the pilot community and plays right in to the "divide and conquer" strategy of management.

Latest resources

Back