Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What's the dumbest question you've been asked as a pilot?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
While deadheading on NWA I could just tell he wanted to talk to me. You know, you can see out of the corner of your eye that he's looking at you and is about to say something. Something stupid. So you feign sleep. Close the eyes, act tired and irritable. Pretend he isn't there. Nobody would bother someone who is obvioulsy tired and trying to get some sleep.

"So, ya checkriding home?"

Open one eye, turn head and give him that look, turn head back and close eye. Then, I sat there wishing that all of my checkrides were this easy.

Pilots aren't the only ones who have to suffer this. My dad spent 30 years as a cop and I think they get more stupid questions than pilots do.

That is the best one! I have to admit, I do try and fake sleep so people don't talk to me.

I had a new flight attendant ask me a question once. She was a young, knockout blonde, that just quit her job at hooters in OH and decided she wanted to fly. SO she asks " how long was your training?" i say, oh, about 8 weeks. She looks puzzled and says " My training was six weeks, I should have done the other two weeks and been a pilot......"

I sh*t you not.............

And she is there for all of our safety...

Last edited:
we had just started the #2 engine in the 1900D and all of a sudden a woman is standing right behind us tapping our shoulders almost in a panic....says we can't leave yet b/c the engine she was sitting next to (#1) was not spinning....she was convinced we were going to take off with one engine.....if i wasn't in such shock i would have replied "sorry, we're saving money on gas so that you can have a cheaper ticket..."

Had a similar thing happen in a Jetstream except the lady who came up was less than friendly. She tapped my buddy on his shoulders pretty hard and when he slammed on the breaks and turned around to see what the heck just happened, she said in a very loud voice: “Hello!? Do you need a passenger to let you know that one of your engines is broke?!?!?!”

Without a pause, my friend makes an announcement to all the passengers:

“Ladies & gentlemen - as you can tell, only one engine is running at this time. We would like to assure you that is perfectly normal. Our procedures call for using the left engine to fly to the destination and the right engine to bring it back!” At that point the lady says: “Oh, I’m sorry, I didn’t know that!” and she proceeds back to her seat… I had tears in my eyes for the rest of the flight…

Last edited:
Shortly after 9/11, after TSA had been operating for about a week, one of them asked me, "why we wear those cute outfits"

Couple months ago flying from Boston to Philly.

"Ding"

FA- 'YES, ONE OF THE PASSENGERS ARE WONDERING WHAT THE LARGE BODY OF WATER TO THE LEFT IS?'

ME- 'YEAH THAT'S THE ATLANTIC OCEAN' (the only thing you can see out the left!)

What's even funnier.......

FA- 'OKAY THANKS' click (she didn't know either!!!!)

Flew the Jetstream 3100 for a while, after each flight had to spin the props and when pax saw me they would ask if I was spining up the rubber bands

Pax-"Are they old enough to fly the plane?"

Me-"Huh? Didn't you know, it's take your son/daughter to work day?"

got this the other day...while i was getting out of the cockpit..
so, do you speak english? i just smiled...what could i say??

Latest resources

Back