Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kerosene, if a 2000 hire at AWA was gnat's ass close to upgrading to captain, and East 1986 hire date FO couldn't hold a frigging bid line as a narrowbody FO, sorry bud... 2000 hire at AWA who's gnat's ass close to captain gets senior in a merger. Any other way = WINDFALL. Sorry, LONGEVITY does not equal SENIORITY.

The sooner you grasp that concept, the better off you'll be.

Since we are sharing advice...

The sooner a pilot realizes that what he gets in return for what he pays to participate on Flightinfo boards is greater than what he gets for paying dues to ALPA, the sooner pilots will be enlightened.:beer:

Positive rate, here is a question for you.

In light of all your knowledge, answer me this, Why do you think it said operated by US Airways on the 170's?
I really am very curious as to what you think that was put there for.

Positive rate, here is a question for you.

In light of all your knowledge, answer me this, Why do you think it said operated by US Airways on the 170's?
I really am very curious as to what you think that was put there for.

I think you can put all this MDA stuff to rest by answering this question with a yes or no.

Could the bottom Active MDA guy bid for and recieve a 767,737 or A-320 F/O seat "BEFORE" each and every furloughed AAA pilot senior to him had it offered to them first.

Just a simple Yes or No should do

Fast

My paycheck stub and W-2 reads "America West" but there is no more America West Airlines! I'm a USAirways pilot! Gosh, this is so confusing.

MDA was operated as a seperate division from mainline USAirways. That's the detail that matters as opposed to the paintjob, the paystub, or seniority list. For another example, there are American Eagle pilots who possess an AA seniority number yet they're not AA pilots. So there can exist special relationships between distinct carriers yet they're not the same carrier. I guess we'll find out for sure from the MDA lawsuit -- in five to seven years from now.

These would be the ALPA reps that have served you so well.

I guess you have to believe everything they say!!!

Last I checked hearsay is not proof. Especially from ALPA (usapa card carrying) Reps

I think you can put all this MDA stuff to rest by answering this question with a yes or no.

Could the bottom Active MDA guy bid for and recieve a 767,737 or A-320 F/O seat "BEFORE" each and every furloughed AAA pilot senior to him had it offered to them first.

Fast

No because they were senior, and at every airline except the west the senior guy gets the first choice.

What are your feelings on the AW pilots hired that flew the Dash 8? That's not a mainline plane yet they are on your seniority list. What backdoor did they go through? Or were they legally and rightfully on your list because they flew an aircraft on the AWA operating certificate?

The Dash 8 was treated just like another piece of equipment and those pilots hired to it could bid off to the 737,757,A-320 and yes even the 747 when their seat lock (that every new hire recieved) was up. No pilots were furloughed needing to be recalled before this could occur.

After our BK 6 Dash 8's were kept and offered for furloughees to fly. The bottom furloughee flying the Dash in 92' (Me) could not fly any of the jets until recalls got down to me. I was Furloughed !! Certificate was the same, Paystub was the same, uniform etc. Same as MDA. But clearly things in the AAA world work differently. You are Furloughed until there is an merger and more names are needed for the list, then imagine that, your on the list. The Arbitrator saw this for what you were trying to do.

It wasn't what you were doing (flying mda ) that made you furloughed it was what you couldn't do (fly a Mainline Jet ) that made you Furloughed. And when "Mainline" jobs were merged, guess what, you didn't have one in the Arbitrators and anyone elses eyes.

Fast

Last edited:

Fast

It is simply amazing that a college graduate can point to the outworking of an injustice and then at the same time point to it as a justification for the same.

The year was 1950 and a simple yes or no will suffice. "Was a black man able to drink from a water fountain labeled 'whites only'?"

No because they were senior, and at every airline except the west the senior guy gets the first choice.

Could it be that since a Furloughed Mainline guy got a shot at a Mainline seat before an Active MDA guy (not Mainline) that the Arbitrator saw the MDA guy as "Not Mainline" when he merged "Mainline Jobs"

I think you can see that if you were Hired to MDA that you sorta weren't hired by AAA Mainline much less AWA. Hence the consternation out West that guys who were never truly hired by either side were attempting to be placed ahead of even One AWA guy.

Fast

It is simply amazing that a college graduate can point to the outworking of an injustice and then at the same time point to it as a justification for the same.

The year was 1950 and a simple yes or no will suffice. "Was a black man able to drink from a water fountain labeled 'whites only'?"

So your suggesting that Furloughed AAA pilots should have been forced to accept a job at MDA at 170 wages in seniority order or quit. (would they have done this if they knew they would never get mda its own certificate.......I think you know the answer)

Or

Not allow them to fly it at all. And hire more freightmasters, AGflyers or whoever was hired straight to MDA etc.

Then there would be Justus............I guess

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back