Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
which one is the right answer?
AlgFlyer i have been hearing that the vote is "just around the corner" for a while.... It seems it's been 1-2 weeks away for all of 2008. But i'm not in the loop.

What IS right?

Can someone answer that? I really want to know what do AAA guys think is right. By 'right', I mean right for both groups, no windfalls.

We all know that DOH isn't right. So what is?

PLEASE... someone answer that.

What IS Right is to follow the law. Everybody signs their life away before the arbitration process even begins. They knew the risks, they were even warned mid way thru, and they still went ahead with their doh position. Now the East is endlessly whining and wimpering like a bunch of b*tches. I'm embarrassed for them.

I'll have zero sympathy for those crybaby/codgers when their all on the street as well...

It does not matter what I think is right or what you think is right. Neither of us has the authority to make it a reality.

What matters is who has the authority to establish the reality of "right".
:beer:
Cheers!

Nope, it does not matter what either you or I believe to be "right", fair, or equitable.

We gave the arbitrator the "authority" to decide that for all of us.

Just because his decision doesn't fit your preconcieved notion of the outcome does not make the outcome moot, the award unfair, or the process flawed.

which one is the right answer?
AlgFlyer i have been hearing that the vote is "just around the corner" for a while.... It seems it's been 1-2 weeks away for all of 2008. But i'm not in the loop.

This was part of a USAPA update Feb. 13th:

The NMB has received the Company's Eligibility List, and we are examining the list for accuracy. We anticipate that the NMB will issue a Finding of Dispute in one to two weeks; the ballots could issue in as little as 3 to 4 weeks with the vote count 30 days after. Based upon what we know, an estimated election date could be around the 7th to 14th of March, with a count 30 days later. All timings are estimated and ultimately determined by the NMB.

That does not sound like one to two weeks to me!

Yeah my bad... I was just thinking off the top of my head trying to remember the USAPA update. I read it on the 13 and thought it was about a week old. So I thought about 2 weeks and said 1 to 2 weeks. I retract that statement and now say 2 to 3 weeks. Sorry for the confusion....

Nope, it does not matter what either you or I believe to be "right", fair, or equitable.

We gave the arbitrator the "authority" to decide that for all of us.

Just because his decision doesn't fit your preconcieved notion of the outcome does not make the outcome moot, the award unfair, or the process flawed.

Ah, but if the lists he used were faulty, and if merger policy wasn't adhered to, and if one of the CBA's (Collective Bargaining Agents) were found to be incompetent and unscrupulous, then I see a case were it should be revisited.

ALPA on the East side is a group of infighting, ineffective losers. The pilots they represent shouldn't have to bear the weight of their incompetence, since they have stayed in power through lies and deceit.

But I do have good news......I just saved a bunch of money by switching to GEICO......and, as a bonus, we are about to vote these Flight Pay Loss-sucking idiots out of office and back to the line.

This was part of a USAPA update Feb. 13th:

The NMB has received the Company's Eligibility List, and we are examining the list for accuracy. We anticipate that the NMB will issue a Finding of Dispute in one to two weeks; the ballots could issue in as little as 3 to 4 weeks with the vote count 30 days after. Based upon what we know, an estimated election date could be around the 7th to 14th of March, with a count 30 days later. All timings are estimated and ultimately determined by the NMB.

Algflyr- what is your motivation for being a USAPA supporter? Is it just a blatant attempt at a seniority grab? You were never even hired at AAA, just flowed through to MDA from Alg, and now YOU feel screwed in the whole deal? Honestly you should feel fortunate to have been given a position at mainline and even more fortunate that the company is going to hire several hundred pilots behind you. Do you feel entitled to being senior to even ONE AWA pilot?????????????????

Ah, but if the lists he used were faulty,
Nicolau ruled on the status of the MDA pilots. He knew all about the issues therein.
... and if merger policy wasn't adhered to,...
Nicolau was tasked with interpreting ALPA Merger Policy. Saying he didn't follow the policy is like saying a US Supreme Court ruling is unconstitutional. In each case they are the highest authority.
...and if one of the CBA's (Collective Bargaining Agents) were found to be incompetent and unscrupulous, then I see a case were it should be revisited.
If that were the case every CBA would have to be revisted.
ALPA on the East side is a group of infighting, ineffective losers.
This is just way too easy so I'll let it go.

Latest resources

Back