Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me guess positive rate you were ex-Mesa

Keep in mind, most of the rhettoric and pure stupidity posted by the likes of Kerosene, BeCareful and Weasil Lips are guys who were furloughed and are the most disenfranchised of the East bunch.

You can pretty much ignore ALGFLYER - he was neither an America West employee or US Airways employee and should be thankful he even gets to fight with us as he backdoored his way in and should be happy to be at the bottom of the list, not scabbily salivating over some dream of a seat grab with the rest of the USAPA d-bags.

Plato -
- One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors.

"Let me guess positive rate you were ex-Mesa"

Surfnfly - guess again, but it's pretty clear the implication you're making.

Now let me play....

Let me guess...you're a furloughed guy who took a slot at PSA and believed you were handed a big plate of wrong from Nicolau? I mean after all, you should definitely get to come back ahead of all those junior 'ex-mesa' guys on the west right?

So, as a furloughed guy, what are your plans in the upcoming vote for representation (if it comes to that)? Will you vote for USAPA or ALPA and why?

Just out of curiosity I have been reading at length the "tomes" of the Railway Labor Act. Under the sections governing de-certification of an existing union and electing a new representative body, there is language that allows the "carrier" to not honor or abide by the collective bargaining agreements of the former representative body. So some further research at the NMB turned up that while it is customary it is not required to honor any part of a CBA. Additionally the carrier is not obliged to consider any part of the former CBA during future negotiations with the newly elected representative body.
Have the proponents of USAPA covered these areas of the RLA with the membership.
What stops the new USAIR, upon receipt of notice that ALPA has been de-certified, from doing away with both CBA'S from America West and UsAirways. If so then will they not enforce their own version of integration/pay/work rules etc.. and then spend the next 5 years negotiating with USAPA....I found several cases where it happened outside of aviation and I wonder, can it happen to you guys too.
As a disclaimer, I have no dog in this fight. I feel that the old UsAirways ALPA group was very negligent all through this decade in looking out for the interests of their membership. I hope that this USAPA drive does not include any of those individuals. If it is truly a grass roots effort by frustrated membership then it will survive and succeed. It will include both airlines memberships and the new agreement will be good for both.

Tico- i believe that it is customary to abide by the CBA b/c anything else could be construed in court as interference w/ the organizing process. It is a good question though and my answer isn't definitive.

I do wish that the motives for this de-cert were as noble. I truly think that AWA has been just as unimpressed by ALPA leadership- but this is a fairly transparent scheme to get rid of the Nic Award and i think they have a lot of unanswered questions to figure first. What USAPA isn't however, is dumb. ALPA leadership should be more concerned than writing a few "concerned pilots" letters..... otherwise this kind of drive could snowball to other carriers.... And all i can say is... why have a national union if it's not united and if there is no national plan? ALPA has my support b/c the true problems plaguing our profession are inherent in the seniority system... we will do ANYTHING to keep from starting over- management knows this and uses it against us. If ALPA wants to stick around- they'll have to lead and solve this problem. USAPA's at the center of it- National can't sit on the sideline and be a process provider to individual MEC's looking out only for themselves... we've seen where that leads us.

waveflyer-

valids points.... the national union is there to speak to congress for example, as it just did....

but there is very little cohesion amongts the warring factions... er I mean .... MECs.

At times it seems the Sunni, Shiite and Kurds have a better chance at agreement.... oh wait... they just did!!

We do need a more cohesive national leadership... the goal and intent.... find it not start a new union

....I feel that the old UsAirways ALPA group was very negligent all through this decade in looking out for the interests of their membership. I hope that this USAPA drive does not include any of those individuals. If it is truly a grass roots effort by frustrated membership then it will survive and succeed. It will include both airlines memberships and the new agreement will be good for both.

There were calls for decertification of ALPA Within minutes of the ALPA-Nic abortion being delivered.

Prater and his pals (along with his pals at AAA) have tried everything they know to deflate the grass roots drive to decertify and replace ALPA. Everything that is.. except do what is right.

What IS right?

Can someone answer that? I really want to know what do AAA guys think is right. By 'right', I mean right for both groups, no windfalls.

We all know that DOH isn't right. So what is?

PLEASE... someone answer that.

What IS right?

Can someone answer that? I really want to know what do AAA guys think is right. By 'right', I mean right for both groups, no windfalls.

We all know that DOH isn't right. So what is?

PLEASE... someone answer that.

OK, I'll try. I posted this near the beginning of this thread before the bashing began, so I'll post it again:

If 20 CA's retire from PHX, then the 20 upgrades MUST come from the West to replace them. Thinking an East pilot should is just stupid. If 10 East 767 pilots retire from PHL, then 10 East pilots should take their place. I personally think that fences should be the way to live with the Nic award. Our junior pilot that was NEVER furloughed was a Captain for quite a while. He was subsequently downgraded as we went through BK. So why should he have to wait until EVERY AWA FO upgrades into an originally East CA slot before he gets a chance?

Let us have our pre-merger CA slots for pre-merger East FO's and we will let you have all pre-merger West CA slots for pre-meger West Fo's. All "NEW" flying can be split down the middle.

Latest resources

Back