Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Now, now Steve G, Woody says usapa is good for us, whether we know it yet or not. Thats swell of him, for sure. They're not trying to screw us, no, not at all.

Last edited:
Besides the decision to work at US airways in the first place...a vote for USAPA will be the biggest career mistake the east guys have ever made. No contract, no structure, 40% won't pay dues...ever, endless litigation, endless assessments, no past practice to refer grievances, crappy pay, no work rules, and it goes on and on.

In house unions will only work if everybody is on the same page, The entire west coast will always do everything in it's power to undermine USAPA. They have the legal advantage no matter what those bitter old Doosh bags in PHL say. USAPA = DOOM....for everybody, no matter how old you are.

Last edited:
Certainly ALPA's several motions that might be viewed as attempts to delay or obstruct the process do actually provide the NMB with the opportunity to magnify the legitimacy of the election, should it occur.
Oh my, delaying tactics against a competitor. How un-American!! If ALPA didn't fight in each and every way against USAPA you'd lose all respect for it completely.
It would also serve to magnify ALPA's illegitimacy if they used this time to force a joint contract by receivership rather than representational consensus in the midst of a representational dispute that will be settled in a relatively short period of time.
Huh? How can one force a contract? We still get to vote, dontcha know.

I want this vote to take place asap. I think it might be close but I'm thinking there are more than a handful of Easties who can be logical and unemotional about their futures.

Last edited:
TWA Dude, your numbers assume that all of the West pilots will vote. I don't think that's a safe assumption. Remember, if more than half of the total pilot group votes, then the representational unit with the most votes wins, even if they don't top the 50% of eligible pilots mark. You could have 51% voting, with only 26% of the total pilot group voting for uSAPAa, and they'd win.

Nice choice of ignoring the relevant "facts", junior.:laugh:

The relevant fact is the election will likely occur in March, right after the "World Hunger ALPA Live Aid Concert", the "ALPA March for Gerbils", and the "ALPA Walk for FPL Carnival".:D

Damn Dude you are a TOOL!!!

My response contradicted you with facts, you reply with stupidity. But we are all accustomed to your lack of intelligence. Good luck with that USAPA thing. You wil enjoy the unemployment line again.

Last edited:
Quote:
I think I am up to speed, but it is sad that this process is taking so long.

I disagree. There's nothing sad about the NMB being thorough to ensure there are no irregularities.

I was referring to the merger in its entirity, not just this recent skirmish, TWA dude.

Quote:
I think I am up to speed, but it is sad that this process is taking so long. I was referring to the merger in its entirity, not just this recent skirmish, TWA dude.
Not sure which aspect you're sad about. The seniority integration issue was completed last May. Had the East not withdrawn from joint negotiations we could conceivably had a contract by now, thus "completing" the merger. You're right, it is indeed sad.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back