Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What is the status of the ALPA De-certification vote at US Airways?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Could it be that since a Furloughed Mainline guy got a shot at a Mainline seat before an Active MDA guy (not Mainline) that the Arbitrator saw the MDA guy as "Not Mainline" when he merged "Mainline Jobs"

I think you can see that if you were Hired to MDA that you sorta weren't hired by AAA Mainline much less AWA. Hence the consternation out West that guys who were never truly hired by either side were attempting to be placed ahead of even One AWA guy.

Fast

I keep looking for this airline called "mainline" maybe you could send a link to it, maybe they are hiring.

Jokes aside, its obvious that I will never get through to some on this board no matter what evidence can be produced.

What is your answer to why "operated by US Airways" was put on the 170's?

The west did not just try to have the junior guys stay junior, they tried to have them removed all together.
Nic disagreed with that one, but I must say it was a heck of an example of the fine unionism delivered by the West.
Trying to have a pilot thrown off the property goes way beyond a seniority fight, so keep that in mind when some get all high & mighty about how fair the west mec is trying to be.

So your suggesting that Furloughed AAA pilots should have been forced to accept a job at MDA at 170 wages in seniority order or quit. ... guess

Are you suggesting that a black man in Mississippi in 1950 should have been forced to drink out of a whites only water fountain or die of dehydration?

Looking at what happened is pointless unless you first acknowledge the rules that govern the activity so that you can discern whether or not those rules were followed.

Looking at what is or has transpired will reveal nothing apart from an acknowledgment of what an air carrier certificate means.

FR8 and ALG - you are spinning the facts to suit your agenda(s). You were at MDA, could not bid into mainline equip and were not considered active mainline in the arbitration (by your own MEC as well as Nicolau).

So when you come on here and drop subtle or not so subtle references to the USAPA agenda, it's very hard not to assume you have sided with those seat grabbing POS' and have possibly been convinced that you too are owed something greater than what you were given.

I say this because you both have stated you believe you should be at the bottom. Why would you want to give up the myriad of career protections offered within the ALPA structure and go it alone unless you also believe that by leaving ALPA you will be a benefactor of the leap frog elitist USAPA mentality??

Your current ALPA leadership has failed you time and time again, yet there is no push for change within that structure...a MEC recall would have far greater chances of success and would lead to a joint contract, better QOL and pay much quicker than USAPA would. At the same time, pushing for local ALPA leadership change does not forfitting the career protections ALPA can offer today and tomorrow when God forbid you may need them.

Remember, these USAPA bafoons will seemingly stop at nothing - including ruining the career of every US Airways pilot. Why in the world would you support something like that unless you think USAPA might help you leap frog into a better position as well?

Why in the world would you support...

Support?

Its a vote. You pick one. I pick one. I don't care who you plan to vote for since your motives aren't my business. I don't get to vote on your motives, juts the CBA.

Whichever receives more votes is the CBA and then we all sing kum-ba-ya together as we live happily ever after, supporting the CBA with dues.

FR8 and ALG - you are spinning the facts to suit your agenda(s). You were at MDA, could not bid into mainline equip and were not considered active mainline in the arbitration (by your own MEC as well as Nicolau).

Oh for cripes sake, have you seen the certified lists used for the Nic arbitration?

again with the "mainline" Just like MDA there is no airline called "mainline" There is a US Airways and the MDA guys are and were listed on the US Airways pilot seniority list. These numbers were given to the MDA guys starting in July of 04, that is 9 months before the West was in the picture at all.

I can accept the argument about where on the seniority list these pilots should be placed, both sides have points, but to claim they were not here is crazy.
This argument has nothing to do with USAPA, as you might remember the argument has been going on long before USAPA had the teeth it does now.

I know you wont believe me, but maybe someday I could prove this to you, I dont want to jump anyone's Seniority!! Nor do I want to have anyone removed from anybody's list.

Gentlemen, I am still waiting for the answer to the question

Why was "operated by US Airways" painted on the 170's?

Hey Turtle - how come there wasn't an outcry to fix the "rules" that you imply are so inherently broken/unfair before the arbitration??

Did you just all of a sudden realize you'd been dealt a heaping pile of injustice after seeing the Nicolau award? Your side seemed entirely content with ALPA merger policy up to and including the arbitration....interesting, don't you think?

It is my strong suspision that if the East had received what they believe they deserved from Nicolau that the drama of the past 9 months would never have surfaced. This is about you guys trying to throw a flag after leaving the locker room long after the game was over.

If the West was stapled or some varient of that, the East would have rallied behind and used the full force of ALPA to quash our dissent and would have undoubtedly pulled the "what part of binding don't you understand" card.

Why again should we trust or believe anything that you say? Go right ahead with your inflamatory analogies...this has no parallel to racial equality or segragation and it's inherent injustice. Implying that ALPA's 'law of the land' - aka merger policy - has handed out injustice on par with the gov't supporting segregation is not only a weak argument, but borderline offensive considering the actions of your pilot group of late fall on the other side of your analogy. The East is not the victim in this by any stretch of the imagination.

Ever thought about looking to your local leadship and your own groups dysfunctional political structure as the root of where this went bad? You guys toss around blame like lollipops in a dentist's office, but never seem to want to look at the most obvious causes.

Support?

Its a vote. You pick one. I pick one. I don't care who you plan to vote for since your motives aren't my business. I don't get to vote on your motives, juts the CBA.

Whichever receives more votes is the CBA and then we all sing kum-ba-ya together as we live happily ever after, supporting the CBA with dues.
You're not voting on a CBA, you're voting on a representational unit. At least get your terminology straight.

And if you think there will be any "kum-ba-ya" if you vote in uSAPa and try to rape the West pilots of their seniority, then you're dreaming. And paying dues? Prepare for 40% of the pilot group to pay NOTHING. uSAPa will be bankrupt within a few months.

Too lazy to read the entire thread.

Somebody give me a recap:

Who's winning...the "Taste Greats!" or the "Less Fillings!"?

You're not voting on a CBA, you're voting on a representational unit. At least get your terminology straight.

And if you think there will be any "kum-ba-ya" if you vote in uSAPa and try to rape the West pilots of their seniority, then you're dreaming. And paying dues? Prepare for 40% of the pilot group to pay NOTHING. uSAPa will be bankrupt within a few months.

CBA can stand for a lot of things. Collective bargaining agent is one of them and ALPA uses is occasionally to describe itself, as do other CBAs. But technically we are actually voting on the Constitution and Bylaws of the agent (CBA) that we prefer.

Pay nothing? Perhaps you think that USAPA has no intention of a fair and equitable resolution.

The fact is that no CBA will have any success until "fair and equitable" is achieved.

Latest resources

Back