• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Interesting that again I have been told that my expectations were not valid.

Of course they were valid! Just like your filed destination is always valid. But, as any professional pilot knows, sometimes you gotta be prepared to deal with Plan B.

I think you're just bitter. I could be wrong, though. (I'm not...but I could be)

The issue is who or what is to blame for your failed (but valid) expectations.

You've chosen ALPA. Easy target, cuz ALPA's mistakes have been committed by...YIKES!...the guys at your very airline!

Yet your spiffy NEW UNION will draw pilots from a different demographic. They'll be totally mistake-proof, with a guileless sang-froid that soothes all, fixes all, and makes mounds of julienne fries.

The only expectation I have stated was that I expected my union to represent my interests with honor and integrity.

Try this: Delete the word "union" and replace it with "airline brothers right here on my property"...then you'll have an accurate rant going.

You cite "honor" instead of decisions. Not to steal too many billable hours from your therapist...but why do you say that?

In fact the sad thing is it doesn't appear that you even see the need for change within alpa.

Ha! That's a good one! If you want to start a thread about all of the things ALPA needs to fix...let's do it. I suspect my list of needful things is longer than yours. ALPA has a lot of flaws and warts, and I would join you, arm-in-arm, if I believed an in-house alternative, drawing from the same demographic and facing the same issues, could do any better.

But unlike you, I'm not driven by unquenchable anger.

I am happy that you are satisfied with what your dues are paying for. Yes I am an ALPA member, as was my Father and my Grandfather.

No, I would not accept such an outrageous salary, especially when the membership has suffered under such draconian pay cuts and loss and theft of retirements. There is something very disturbing when you have secretaries making thousands more than Regional Captains. Or, the President (whom by the way stated he would not accept one dollar more than his CAL salary) making 4 to 5 times his highest paid constituents.

I have also been around ALPA long enough to know that spending my time introducing a resolution regarding this travesty has just as much chances of actually fixing it as is my desire to blow you.

Hey QT..

Do you french kiss your girlfriend with that mouth?

Just wondering.....

PHXFLYR:cool:

So it's a secret? I knew the TWA guys were mad considering the circumstances, but when someone posted above that ALPA did something "dishonorable," I thought the facts of such action would be pretty easy to list?

See guys? This is the guy who was "not going to pick a fight". We have our own private venue for our discussions and need to stay away from this kind of flaming and attempts to suck us into a verbal discussion about the TWA lawsuit. Discussion with outsiders is pointless and may be hurtful to our cause. We know how it's progressing and have a current slate of meetings with our lawyers scheduled. Lets keep our mouths quiet on external venues such as this, and let these good folks discover the outcome when it is ruled and announced.

See guys? This is the guy who was "not going to pick a fight". We have our own private venue for our discussions and need to stay away from this kind of flaming and attempts to suck us into a verbal discussion about the TWA lawsuit. Discussion with outsiders is pointless and may be hurtful to our cause. We know how it's progressing and have a current slate of meetings with our lawyers scheduled. Lets keep our mouths quiet on external venues such as this, and let these good folks discover the outcome when it is ruled and announced.

Actually, I'm not trying to pick a fight. I just want to know what ALPA did that was so "dishonorable" or could be perceived as dishonorable.

If you have information that you can't disclose publicly, fine. Just say so. I assume that since the guy that posted above said that ALPA did "dishonorable" things that it was open to discussion or otherwise he wouldn't have brought it up. Sorry I asked.

The TWA guys raised the [emotional] issue in the first place... if you guys don't want to talk about it.....then don't talk about it....

The TWA guys raised the [emotional] issue in the first place... if you guys don't want to talk about it.....then don't talk about it....

You raise a good point. Us "TWA guys" should just STFU on this and other "external" forums about this.

Last edited:
You raise a good point. Us "TWA guys" should just STFU on this and other "external" forums about this.

Great.....Talk in your internal forums.

Rez, do you know why the TWA guys are suing ALPA? Enlighten me as I am not 100% familiar with the matter.......I'm pretty familiar with the timeline as it is described in the complaint and I skimmed the actual complaint, but I'm not understanding the TWA pilot point of view because I don't know what it is. Thanks!

Rez, do you know why the TWA guys are suing ALPA? Enlighten me as I am not 100% familiar with the matter.......I'm pretty familiar with the timeline as it is described in the complaint and I skimmed the actual complaint, but I'm not understanding the TWA pilot point of view because I don't know what it is. Thanks!

The basic allegation is that ALPA didn't properly represent the TWA pilots during the integration because they were trying too woo the APA pilots into coming back to ALPA.

Latest resources

Back