• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If either of those two are flying the jet I want a golden parachute just like the one they have!!!

Sorry, not a conspiracy theorist. The ATSB turned down our loan because they thought we could get outside financing and didn't need the government to back the loan. Seems that they were right.

Better a conspiracy theorist than a sufferer of Stockholm syndrom. Labor is not supposd to be the single shock absorber to all problems. Not in a national transportation system. Rail workers lost pensions during the Depression. That brought about the RRB www.rrb.gov for them. Do we deserve any less? Not when we're forced to play by RLA rules! Not after what we've been through!

The whole milage plus is thing is widely misunderstood, as well as its value while an airline is in bankruptcy vs. its value when an airline is solvent. Long story short, an airline's milage program is pretty much not worth anything if it is tied to a bankrupt airline on the verge of liquidation. It's worth a lot (Air Canada proved it) when your airline is solvent and making money. So whatever it is worth now has nothing to do with what it was worth when we were in bankruptcy protection.

Mileage Plus held a durable value with multiple airlines. Just ask credit card companies.

No, I'm blaming OUR losses (UAL's and the rest of the legacies) on the 1000's of guys who flew for airlines like Airtran, Frontier, JetBlue, etc., for less than 1/2 the total compensation a guy at UA made, for example. It's impossible to compete with an airline with wages that are that far below industry norm.

Easy. I take no pleasure in pointing out that it's perhaps you guys dragging everything down now. Your LCC side pay/work rules are as unconscienable to many as you were to those you cite.

And I'm not even sure "blame" is the proper word now that I think about it. I guess we live in a free country and pilots can work for any wage they want. But I don't blame Paul W., Tilton, whoever for the reason why we all make JetBlue wages.

We need to address the larger issues. If you agree the RLA is a problem, then you can't let regulatory bodies off the hook and you can't blame LCC.

The U.S. would have been telling their pilots they can't fly over age 60 while allowing ICAO airline pilots fly overhead who were over age 60, which was a totally hyprocritcal postion.

Not at all! Our pilots are allowed to fly into Europe and other destinations where pilots are required to get a chest x-ray once a year and undergo cognitive screening every 6 months.

We have had less stringent medical standards than ICAO for years. Is it hypocritical to allow US pilots (with our wimpy medicals) fly into countries with higher standards?

My congressman gets it. I think others do, too.

Boo Hoo!

I have a headache.

It was on sale!

Fine!

I'm going to my sisters!

(Nice try, but I speak the language...)

I was only talking about trying to have a discussion with Rez O.

You can go back to your Thermos and chug a cup of STFU now.

Last edited:
I was only talking about trying to have a discussion with Rez O.

You can go back to your Thermos and chug a cup of STFU now.

Meanwhile.... your career and/or ALPA.....isn't meeting your expectations.... I am willing to work with you.......so is Occam, so is Captain X, so is FDJ2 and all the other ALPA cheerleaders....

Latest resources

Back