• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez--It's clear you know nothing of the process that led to the current situation in the TWA v. ALPA lawsuit.

For once, can you just admit you don't know anything about the subject and walk away? TC

You might be right on that summation.

It's easy to point to what's gone wrong or what expectations have not been met, It's a whole different ball game to actually do something about it.

Perhaps they are beginning to realize their limitations and the fact that they can't deliver on their promise to vacate the Nicolau decision, which would be binding on USAPA, or deliver the utopian pilot career, with no set backs and no economic realities.

At one time I thought calmer heads would prevail over there,I really did. But with the number of USAPA bag stickers,bag tags and the like that I see jumpseating back and forth to work every week,I kind of have my doubts. However,with that said, I think their organizing drive lost just a little bit of steam when they found out that the Nicolau Award was still going to be final and binding regardless of what union represented their pilot group. Time will tell.By the way ,got a chuckle reagrding your statement "utopian pilot career". If there was ever the perfect example of an oxymoron ,this phrase is it!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

Last edited:
Rez, you're getting too predictable.

The appeals court said the TWA pilots did indeed have an issue with ALPA. ALPA has failed to get the case dismissed and is now backed into a corner. Go ahead, Rez, ask the ALPA attorneys if they'll be able to escape this one. But you won't. You're predictable.

Remember that TWA WASN'T in bankruptcy prior to AMR's arrival but filed it as a condition of sale. Hey Rez, ALPA still works against the TWA pilots to this day by trying to insert the Eagle pilots ahead of them on the AA recall list. They aren't even ON the recall list yet they're fighting to flow while there are others furloughed.

You just don't get it...AMR and APA screwed over the TWA pilots because ALPA let them. The motive(s) is (are) obvious.

stlflyguy

So the APA and AMR are free and clear of any obligations to the TWA pilots... thru the legal process the APA and AMR have been weeded out as suspect and thus no liability....??

Can you provide an objective analysis and update...

Look... if ALPA made a mistake then so be it..I'll even pay my fair share.. I'll even agree to an assesment... but all I really hear is whiney cry baby pilots throwing jabs and insults.. school me with objective facts...

Rez--It's clear you know nothing of the process that led to the current situation in the TWA v. ALPA lawsuit.

For once, can you just admit you don't know anything about the subject and walk away? TC

Wouldn't it be best if this subject was confined to our private board? These folks don't need to know about it. Until it's in the history books, at least.

Wouldn't it be best if this subject was confined to our private board? These folks don't need to know about it. Until it's in the history books, at least.

That's why I didn't take this opportunity to "educate" him.

If he wants to know, he can take a break from shining shoes at Herndon and ask the Lawyers...TC

That's why I didn't take this opportunity to "educate" him.

If he wants to know, he can take a break from shining shoes at Herndon and ask the Lawyers...TC

Sounds like sandbaggin ALPA screwed you guys but only you are too smart to understand it... only you know the truth...

The appeals court said the TWA pilots did indeed have an issue with ALPA. ALPA has failed to get the case dismissed and is now backed into a corner.

Did the Judge rule on the merits of the TWA claim, or did he simply state that he has subject matter jurisdiction to hear the claim, or did he just simply not summarily dismiss the claim?

The standard for summary dismissal is quite high, the court has to assume that all the facts and evidence support the plaintiff and then still find that their is no series of facts that can support the plaintiffs case.

Surviving a summary motion for dismissal is significant, but it hardly proves that the claim has merit. Just look at how the RJDC litigation melted down after discovery and Dan Ford and the RJDC had to throw in the towel.

Time will tell.By the way ,got a chuckle reagrding your statement "utopian pilot career". If there was ever the perfect example of an oxymoron ,this phrase is it!!

PHXFLYR:cool:

That's good, because I got a chuckle writing it.;)

Did the Judge rule on the merits of the TWA claim, or did he simply state that he has subject matter jurisdiction to hear the claim, or did he just simply not summarily dismiss the claim?

The standard for summary dismissal is quite high, the court has to assume that all the facts and evidence support the plaintiff and then still find that their is no series of facts that can support the plaintiffs case.

Surviving a summary motion for dismissal is significant, but it hardly proves that the claim has merit. Just look at how the RJDC litigation melted down after discovery and Dan Ford and the RJDC had to throw in the towel.

ALPA's only argument was the timeliness of the suit. The trial court initially took ALPA's position, only to have it reversed on appeal.

stlflyguy

Latest resources

Back