• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

What has ALPA done for me lately?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let me be clear. I am against extending the age, but if it does change, I would rather have my union involved in shaping the regulatory changes than the ATA/Politicians.

Let me be clear. I am against extending the age, but if it does change, I would rather have my union involved in shaping the regulatory changes than the ATA/Politicians.

Since ALPA is pushing to allow TWO over 60 pilots fly domestic (a major safety risk IMO), I have considerable problems with ALPA 'shaping' the regulatory changes.

I certainly hope ALPA's days are numbered. Soon, I believe the membership will be mostly regional pilots and the organization will be increasingly irrelevant to major airline pilots.

Prater's mishandling of age 60 and the U merger have shed a lot of light on why it's bad for airline pilots to have a union which is tied to other airlines. Might work well for people building cars....maybe....but it's certainly not helping airline pilots.

ALPO: R.I.P.

I don't know about all this other stuff, but I know one thing: the ALPA medical people saved my medical and job a few years ago. That alone is worth all the dues I've paid.

I certainly hope ALPA's days are numbered. Soon, I believe the membership will be mostly regional pilots and the organization will be increasingly irrelevant to major airline pilots.

Prater's mishandling of age 60 and the U merger have shed a lot of light on why it's bad for airline pilots to have a union which is tied to other airlines. Might work well for people building cars....maybe....but it's certainly not helping airline pilots.

ALPO: R.I.P.

What do you suggest?

Hopefully the TWA lawsuit will help to accomplish this.

The TWA lawsuit will go down in flames just like the RJDC lawsuit. And rightfully so.

Latest resources

Back