• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

well that was quick.....

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If you took ALL the money from the wealthy, Ohio (and the US) would still be broke because of the union pensions and medical benefits at retirement.

Show your work.

Awe, that just sucks. I thought your absence from this board indicated that you followed in the footsteps of your cowardly friend with your own suicide.

The suicide was real, and this particular individual had a significant impact on many pilots on this board. It was a situation where a union work action placed him into a position he wouldn't have been in otherwise, and it was the final straw that pushed into the abyss.

Funny of all the things you should remember of my early posts it was that. It also wouldn't be hard to figure out who that was, and once you know who it is, it's easy to figure out who I am. Friend? No. Co-worker? Absolutely.

I used this as early on as an example of what unions can do to the innocent. He certainly was that.

All those families that suffered under the furloughs at NJ and all those that trusted their failed union to protect them.

The only thing that was protected was the high payroll and greed of the upper two/thirds of the seniority list because the rest of them were sacrificed. Unions don't care about their bretheren or whomever else they hurt.

This touched a nerve Waka and wasn't necessary. It was immature, childish and unprofessional. You actually fly for a living?

Be careful what you ask for...

Are you kidding? 35M is paltry compared to money spent by corporate lobbyists. Besides, their statement about controlling costs were in a time that executives weren't paid the exorbitant money that they're paid now. Do you actually think that they're concerned with cost control in regard to their salary bonuses? Think again.

35M is paltry for a good CEO that protects jobs and ensures that a company will remain profitable. Something no union has ever done.

The suicide was real, and this particular individual had a significant impact on many pilots on this board. It was a situation where a union work action placed him into a position he wouldn't have been in otherwise, and it was the final straw that pushed into the abyss.

Funny of all the things you should remember of my early posts it was that. It also wouldn't be hard to figure out who that was, and once you know who it is, it's easy to figure out who I am. Friend? No. Co-worker? Absolutely.

I used this as early on as an example of what unions can do to the innocent. He certainly was that.

All those families that suffered under the furloughs at NJ and all those that trusted their failed union to protect them.

The only thing that was protected was the high payroll and greed of the upper two/thirds of the seniority list because the rest of them were sacrificed. Unions don't care about their bretheren or whomever else they hurt.

This touched a nerve Waka and wasn't necessary. It was immature, childish and unprofessional. You actually fly for a living?

See B, the problem about lying is it's tough to keep your story straight. Here's your post from 2007 on the subject:

http://forums.flightinfo.com/showthread.php?p=1322195&highlight=suicide#post1322195

From CLOSE friends I have personally witnessed: One divorce (3 children involved), One bankruptcy (two children involved), One suicide (two children involved) I have personally been laid off twice as a non-flying pilot in management positions (two children involved).......

So either he was a CLOSE friend (hey you wrote it in caps, not me), or he was just a coworker. Kind of a difference there.

What a hypocrite and I liar you are. When you first USED this supposed suicide to bolster your propaganda, you said it was a "friend", not just a co-worker. Now, you say he was a co-worker. To boot, who gives you the right to speak for this suicidal maniac and USE it for your own selfish ego boost? Talk about childish and immature.

See, you're just an opportunist and you USED this alleged suicide for your rants.

Touched a nerve my foot. Even if I really did, then you deserve it because you ultimately brought it on yourself. In other words, if the truth hurts, it should. How do you even look at yourself in the mirror?

Last edited:
WOW talk about thread drift.

What a hypocrite and I liar you are. When you first USED this supposed suicide to bolster your propaganda, you said it was a "friend", not just a co-worker. Now, you say he was a co-worker. To boot, who gives you the right to speak for this suicidal maniac and USE it for your own selfish ego boost? Talk about childish and immature.

See, you're just an opportunist and you USED this alleged suicide for your rants.

Touched a nerve my foot. Even if I really did, then you deserve it because you ultimately brought it on yourself. In other words, if the truth hurts, it should. How do you even look at yourself in the mirror?

Like I said, you're funny about you remember. I rubbed shoulders with this guy for over three years. You want to use nuances with language? I knew his family and went to to the funeral and was there when they buried his urn. That's close enough for me.

Was also close enough to know the impact he had on YOUR career and pretty much every pilot on this board that didn't come up through military flying. Bad things happen to good people. I was close enough to the situation to know that if the work action hadn't happened, I highy doubt the same result would have occurred. Unions don't care about anything but the money.

Now. YOU on the other hand won't comment on the rest of the post because you're gutless, like all of your other union buddies.

Comment on the rest of the post. You tell me why the bottom third of the seniority list is meaningless and why YOU feel it's ok for them to lose their incomes and careers to save those that did nothing more than get hired before them. Doesn't mean they are better pilots, just means they got hired first. Seniority doesn't protect the company, does not protect the traveling public, does not protect the passengers in the airplane or those around them.

Your gutless Waka. I stand by my words. I used the words "CLOSE FRIENDS to also accomodate for the other people I mentioned. Maybe it was because I care about those around me and all you care about is your paycheck and not the welfare of those around you.

Perhaps you don't have any "CLOSE FRIENDS" and can't relate. I don't know.

But what I do know is that a man is dead because of union activity and you think it's a joke.

Done with this subject. You want to discuss all the great things that your union has done to protect the furloughed pilots sacrificed in the name of brotherhood?

Bring it on... that won't be much of a thread. Unions don't protect their brethren, they sacrifice them.

WOW talk about thread drift.

Agreed, my last post is an attempt to get it back on track, but we both know it's not going to happen.

They are more concerned about how I blended "friend" and "coworker" rather than the fact thier union didn't protect thier fellow pilots in a time of need.

thier union didn't protect thier fellow pilots in a time of need.
You mean like the IBT taking dues out of my severance pay when my airline went out of business. Then telling that they had no obligation to assist any of us in our job search, you mean that kind of union stuff.

Latest resources

Back