Virgin America Revenue...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Seriously,

Is there even moderators on these threads? Every VX thread turns into the same crap. Can't we just make a fubi/NE thread so the rest of us can have adult conversations in peace?

APC moderators had the decency and maturity to send Fubi on his childish way. Unfortunately that is not the case here on FI.

It is the goal of the haters to destroy all VA threads. I put the ring leader on ignore and will not respond to him.

That is the only way to stop it. Wish a few of my fellow VA guys would do the same.

I cannot keep up with every insult and thread hijack. I apologize for the attack on VA from one specific user. I hope this thread improves, a couple posts have been deleted and infractions given.

Had you been public the "experts" would have been correct years ago.

VX hurts the industry as a whole because of your low pay and benefits.

How many FI "experts" predicted the demise of United? How many predicted the demise of USAirways after the second bankruptcy? There were thousands of "expert" predictions those public companies would die. Yet guess what, they are still here. This is the worst place in the world when it comes to getting good financial information and accurate predictions about the future of airlines. Honestly, I really believe if you were any good at financial analysis you would not be an airline pilot.

As for low pay and benefits hurting the industry, by your own admission you work for a company that has been accused of the same and has been used in court proceedings for lowering the pay of others. You have no place to come here and preach from a soap box.

Maybe we should just delete this thread and star a fresh one. It been pages since this conversation made any sense. Thank you moderators for stepping in. Some people really do want to have civil conversations around here.

How many FI "experts" predicted the demise of United? How many predicted the demise of USAirways after the second bankruptcy? There were thousands of "expert" predictions those public companies would die. Yet guess what, they are still here. This is the worst place in the world when it comes to getting good financial information and accurate predictions about the future of airlines. Honestly, I really believe if you were any good at financial analysis you would not be an airline pilot.

As for low pay and benefits hurting the industry, by your own admission you work for a company that has been accused of the same and has been used in court proceedings for lowering the pay of others. You have no place to come here and preach from a soap box.

FI does not have experts, rather opinions. Financial experts stated United or USair would file CH11 or CH7 IF "this or that" did not happen. The Jamie Bakers of the financial world do not predict absolutes. The financial experts would tell you the benefit VX has right now is not being public. Without shareholders your standards for operating are slightly different than the rest of the industry. If you read your financial reports and not the opinion of the airline you would understand the financial position you are in. Your airline is unable to raise your pay and benefits to an industry standard. The revenue and operating budgets aren't there. You continue to operate based largely in part to cash infusions received due to your airline being private. I'm not saying this is good or bad.
What I am saying is is other airlines are having to use your airlines pay and benefits in their benchmarking. This is the issue at hand. VX cannot afford to operate or pay it's pilots properly and that hurts us all. This is not a knock on you personally but just an industry fact.

Comparatively when Jetblue opened it's door in '01 and after it's pay rates, compared to bankruptcy contracts, were still substantially below average although Jetblue was making record profits and had a share price at $70. Money was never an issue. Today Jetblue has crawled out of the pay cellar though we are still behind industry standard. On a side note my understanding of predatory pricing is not where it should be because the prices Jetblue charged at the beginning should have been illegal. Today things are substantially different.

I'm realistic of where my airline is and has been. I'm a realist, it's a job. If Jetblue, or any airline, could get rid of us tomorrow and employ someone for less money they would. As we say at Jetblue we are a cost unit and nothing else. At one point we were the bane of this industries pilot groups. Today we are not. Also as a public company we have access to our financial reports and for the most part we are aware of where the money goes. As a pilot group we have reasonable expectations for where our pay and benefits should be based on those reports.

On a side note my understanding of predatory pricing is not where it should be because the prices Jetblue charged at the beginning should have been illegal.

Exactly why I was anti-B6 10 years ago. And the fallout of lousy B6 pay rates back then ARE STILL BEING FELT at UAL and LCC. Those old B6 rates were imposed by the bankruptcy court judge and are still in force. THAT'S HOW VX LEVEL PAY RATES EFFECT US ALL.

I'm realistic of where my airline is and has been. I'm a realist, it's a job. If Jetblue, or any airline, could get rid of us tomorrow and employ someone for less money they would. As we say at Jetblue we are a cost unit and nothing else. At one point we were the bane of this industries pilot groups.

Today, that distinction goes to VX and AGT pilots.

Last edited:
It's called capitalism fubi. Your union isn't strong enough because most pilots (most americans) have been convinced to support anti-union politicians who stack the deck against labor.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back