• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Video from CNBC-Santulli CEO NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Awwww come on realityman, give us a break, we all know that netjets wife means well with what she has said. I don't have any problem with any of it. I'm at the bottom of the seniority list and I highly encourage everyone to take part in the voluntary measures. In fact, I'll take it one step further, who in their right mind would OPT OUT??? And yes, I'm dead f-ing serious! I'm not asking anyone to take a reduced sched, nor longer vacations, extra unpaid days off...........but my gosh, to OPT OUT??? Now that pisses me off.

RTS mentioned the Joint Preventive Measures Campaign and the fact that NJA is the only frac that hasn't furloughed, yet

Has Avantair had a furlough that hasn't made the news?

pilot125,

I never said NJW's intentions were bad. I said she, who is a huge proponent of the union and its accomplishments, is doing something against what our union officials have recommended.

Hey, it's a public message board. Opinions are allowed to be expressed. you can certainly do the same. In fact, I believe you just did so.

The real question is, is it a good idea to do so. The kind of sentiments you are expressing, while legitimate and, again, well-intentioned, could prove to be very divisive in the end. And that's exactly why our union officials have asked us not to do so. If you can't see the reasoning behind it, then I can't help you and we probably will not have as unified a group on this as you'd hope for.

I think everyone should do what they can. But it's up to each individual to decide what he/she can or cannot do under their own personal economic conditions. Pressuring them to do something through expressions of "encouragement" or threats of anger towards your fellow pilot will not accomplish what you're hoping for. You can't see why anyone would opt out? I can think of a dozen legitimate reasons off the top of my head.

We can do this all day. But I'm not going to. You can choose to take the advice of our elected officials (and that's all it is, advice), or you can do your own thing and hope for the best. But I think our union is already trying for the best outcome, so maybe they have some good reasons to ask us not to push this thing.

But do what you like. It is a public message board where opinions are allowed to be expressed. That's all I've got to say on the subject. Let's hope we're both still talking about these things a year from now as NJ's employees.:beer:

RTS mentioned the Joint Preventive Measures Campaign and the fact that NJA is the only frac that hasn't furloughed, yet

Has Avantair had a furlough that hasn't made the news?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm guessing RTS views other jet fractionals as competition and does not count prop operators as competing for the same customers.

80% of the flights are more for personal reasons and 30% for business is the true breakdown. Go hang out in PBI.MVY.ACK,ASE,TEX, etc. and tell me otherwise.

Come on, don't you think these people have some form of their business/corporations near their vacation homes. That's how you make a personal trip into a business trip.

Even if they are driving around on vacation all the time.....so what. They pay for the aircraft, they can use it however they want.

80+30=110%......just thought I would help you out with that one.....no charge.

80% of the flights are more for personal reasons and 30% for business is the true breakdown. Go hang out in PBI.MVY.ACK,ASE,TEX, etc. and tell me otherwise.

Really, you know this how??? Your own poll, or is it possible that you have access to all the data that RTS has, which I very seriously doubt?? I will go with RTS' numbers over your numbers, which I suspect are garbage.

BTW, learn to add.

Last edited:
Awwww come on realityman, give us a break, we all know that netjets wife means well with what she has said. I don't have any problem with any of it. I'm at the bottom of the seniority list and I highly encourage everyone to take part in the voluntary measures. In fact, I'll take it one step further, who in their right mind would OPT OUT??? And yes, I'm dead f-ing serious! I'm not asking anyone to take a reduced sched, nor longer vacations, extra unpaid days off...........but my gosh, to OPT OUT??? Now that pisses me off.

Ignore NJW when you don't feel like a dose of Kool-Aid that is what a lot of us do.

Now, you can get all sorts of pissed off if you want, but it doesn't change the fact that people are OPTing out. A lot of them.

Okay people. One week to go. Any ballpark percentage on the early out from the A side? Most recent consensus over here is right at 10%. Not sure how many others are taking short leaves although one friend told me two weeks ago he's taking a year to go surf Down Under. Nice.

Okay people. One week to go. Any ballpark percentage on the early out from the A side? Most recent consensus over here is right at 10%. Not sure how many others are taking short leaves although one friend told me two weeks ago he's taking a year to go surf Down Under. Nice.

Don't think it will get close to 10%, more like 6 or 7%. The number I heard that have turned in the early out paper work at this point isn't good. But there will probably be a rush at the end of the time period or one can hope.

So far about 250 pilots have done the poll on the union web site. 7% early out. 33% reduced schedule. 4% 1 year LOA. 4% 3 year LOA. 66% opt in. The problem is who knows if this is a real representative account of the over all pilot population at NJA. There really isn't that high a percentage of pilots who regularly go on that message board so it is hard to say that those percentages will hold true for the entire group. If they do hold true that will be around 200 pilots at NJA getting the early out and a hopefully enough overall participation to avoid furloughs. At least the company will let us know how many actually do the early out and will most likely give a strong suggestion as to how many more would be wise to take the 3 year LOA or face possible furlough before that LOA bid must be in.

Latest resources

Back