• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins...Pilots lose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPO your friendly predatory barganiers lose another battle.Well it just couldn't happen to a more deserving group of self -serving useless beltway has beens......:) still "taking it(in the) back"!:)

New logo "proudly serving 66,000 ah.... 61,000 no wait... at least 56,000 pilots as of ...say what time is it?"

Thank the good lord nothing in my aviation career has ever depended on US Airways. Hope that good fortune keeps up. What a disaster of a company!

So you are saying that if someone has a judgement against me and I don't agree with it, than all I have to do is change lawyers because now I have different representation and I deserve a new trial? Good luck with that.
No that's not what I'm saying. What I'm saying is that The federal Government passed a law about 6 months ago forcing "Federally Mandated Arbitration" if the two sides can't come to an agreement. This comes into play if there are two different unions like APA (AA) and ALPA (TWA) merging. When it's ALPA vs APLA it's goes to arbitration anyway so the law doesn't apply. Now that ALPA is off the property I think that the West guys have a pretty good argument to have it go to the federally mandated arbitration again. That may be good or bad who knows. If the west is still operating under a separate contract then I would think you have an argument by saying we are two separate groups so the federally mandated arbitration should apply.

If the initial arbitration holds then it's a non issue.

Just thinking out loud

Last edited:
The Nic award is binding on uSAPa. It will stand. There will be no return to arbitration.

ALPO your friendly predatory barganiers lose another battle.Well it just couldn't happen to a more deserving group of self -serving useless beltway has beens......:) still "taking it(in the) back"!:)

New logo "proudly serving 66,000 ah.... 61,000 no wait... at least 56,000 pilots as of ...say what time is it?"
-ATA -ALOHA -Champion Next NorthWest...Delta ALPA helping ALPA brothers..not

Correct me if I'm wrong, and I may be... Wasn't the Nicolau award created in part by the transition agreement. That agreement was negotiated by the ALPA AAA MEC. I remember seeing that all agreements negotiated by the AAA MEC would remain in force with USAPA being the bargaining agent. If I am still correct, that would also cause the transition agreements to remain in effect, thus keeping the Nicolau in place.

I could be way off. Correct me if I'm wrong. Either way, the AAA guys are screwed.

My sympathies to the AWA pilots. Burn the place to the ground. F--- uSAPa, and f--- anyone who voted for them.

You're making ALPA seem like the mob. And your level of devotion is kind of strange.

It was the will of the pilots. This is a democracy, remember. They were unhappy with what ALPA gave them, and so they kicked them out.

It is what it is, for better or for worse. Get over it.

The dog has caught the car.

This next part oughta be very entertaining!

Thats funny, I needed a laugh. Even as an AWA guy caught up in this train wreck I couldn't help but laugh.

Those usapians are all back there high fivin and don't even realize all they really did is what you just said. So true.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back