• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAPA wins...Pilots lose

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the initial arbitration holds then it's a non issue.

Why wouldn't it hold??? The only thing that changed was the name of the union. It's called binding arbitration for a reason. Shouldn't have agreed to it if you weren't prepared to live with any of the possible outcomes.

The Roller coaster has just gone into turbo-boost. Wow Good luck both east and west. As Someone else has already stated, Management won!!! Divide and conquer.

Hell Good luck to us all! The Ground is really starting to shake and will continue for quite sometime.

Its over move on. Wait till the next merger and then it will be East/West vs the American or United Pilot group...

in 8 years this will all be over... I hope. What happens to the USAPA collected dues if ALPA comes back to USAir in 4 years? Does it rollover to ALPA?

Oh, the irony. Had alpo not pushed for (and gotten) age 65, fences protecting the East would have remained for a while. And there would have been less old Easties voting on this. Would have definitely been a LOT closer vote; alpo may have remained on USAirways' property.
The Law of Unintended Consequences is alive and well. This could be the beginning of the end of alpo.
I support ALPA, but must admit that this is absolutely true. The membership had made their stance on 60 clear many times and Prater disregarded their will. I really feel for Westies. You just got fed a turd sandwich.

It's really sad to see this pilot group's infighting. I'm sorry for both sides, East and West. No pilot won this fight today. Unfortunately, management has outsmarted us once again. No doubt about it, we are our own worst enemies.

I truly do sympathize with both sides. I believe there are real issues that both sides feel strongly about. But it's unfortunate that cooler heads didn't prevail. This event will hurt us all eventually. We are now openly being used as Management soldiers to fight their battles against ourselves. Something has to give or we'll eventually be fighting for minimum wage jobs.

It's really sad to see this pilot group's infighting. I'm sorry for both sides, East and West. No pilot won this fight today. Unfortunately, management has outsmarted us once again. No doubt about it, we are our own worst enemies.

I truly do sympathize with both sides. I believe there are real issues that both sides feel strongly about. But it's unfortunate that cooler heads didn't prevail. This event will hurt us all eventually. We are now openly being used as Management soldiers to fight their battles against ourselves. Something has to give or we'll eventually be fighting for minimum wage jobs.

I agree. I too sympathize with both sides. My problem is trying to oust a binding arbitration award. This fight should've been over 11 months ago. The East would then be enjoying pay raises instead of looking at endless legal battles...

Why is everyone down on USAPA? Who cares, it's funny, even guys not ALPA trying to talk trash about another union. Who cares, I think we will see much more of this soon. Chunky might not have caused US Air's mess, but he f-ed enough others, the domino's are definitely moving. BOOT CHUNKY PRATER WITH AN APOLOGY, OR WATCH RE-RUNS!

Why wouldn't it hold??? The only thing that changed was the name of the union. It's called binding arbitration for a reason. Shouldn't have agreed to it if you weren't prepared to live with any of the possible outcomes.
I don't work for U.S. Airways. I don't think they will be able to change the "binding arbitration" agreement either. If for some reason they were able to change it then the West might have another option of going to arbitration again because of this law rather then accept DOH.

I'm not choosing sides here and I don't know if the law would make a difference in this case. I was just making an observation.

Good Luck!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back