• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Turtles list must include furloughs. I'm reasonably sure AAA doesn't have that many active pilots.

DOH does not equate to a staple. The only pilots that got stapled were East pilots. 17 years of service and they get stapled behind newhires. Most furloughed pilots should have been back on the property long time ago. Most of them are holding blocks and E 190 captain slots. We are still undermanned. Reserves are all timed out. We are seriously short.

DOH with fences and protections is the only fair way.

AWA pilots do not want to wait their turn. In 10 years, about 75% of the EAST will be gone. So, all you former Mesa pilots at AWA, I know you liked stealing our flying. AWA is a scab infested airline and thats were scabs belong. Its funny that a large number of AWA are MESA and Trans States. Two proud ALPA carriers that love taking away mainline flying.

I say permanent separate lists sine the Nic will never be implemented. Then sell off the unprofitable West. Let them merge with ALOHA so they can save someone else.

Marty

Wow. As Rez said pretty emotional. Although the facts are, Regional PILOTS didn't steal mainline flying. Mainline management wanted lower cost and though negotiations with their mainline pilots, the mainline pilots gave up their scope. Mesa pilots are not Scabs. Mesa pilots didn't steal your flying.

Is that the difference between the two groups? Ouch......

The numbers I posted were a guess at the voting results.

Actual official numbers of the eligible voters according to the NMB (the only ones who count) are as follows:

East 3542
West 1771
Total 5313

At least 2657 pilots must vote or there will be no CBA. Union with the most votes is the new CBA.

And as for the furlough question. There are no furloughs.

http://www.nmb.gov/representation/deter2008/35n020.pdf

Last edited:
Turtle - the chance of almost 90% of your pilot group voting FOR usapa is about as likely as you getting DOH ever. Not going to happen. Sorry buddy.

The vote total will definitely be above the threshold - I have no question about that.

My guess is it will be about 4500 total votes and very close to 2000/2000 split are already decided and/or have voted. It's the remaining 500 that will decide it all. Your 3186/1502 guess is typical of you USAPA koolaid drinkers. You have absolutely no clue what your doing and are so detached from reality and reason that it would be hillarious if it wasn't so depressingly true.

I suspect with no plan B and a questionable plan A at very best, the swing votes will favor ALPA or abstain all together.

Let's see, no insurance contracts, no credit line from the bank, your aeromedical guy refuses to work with Harvey Watt, you desire to fight a losing legal battle for DOH. Looks like the only one who's going to win will be Seham - maybe you should just send him your money directly.

How will USAPA handle pilot grievances, sec 19 and other disciplanary issues, benefits, R&I, negotiating a new contract (hint, a 1 man team with a fractured pilot group will never work), FAA interface, TSA interface, pro standards questions, and the myriad of other daily union issues that are fires that never go out? How are they going to handle all that and magically get you DOH with their cut and paste job of APA's bylaws and constitution?

If you vote for USAPA you must realize that DOH is a flawed assumption and ONCE AGAIN you will be denied your requests...from the company (who has already accepted the list and publically stated they will not accept anything but a relative list), West litigation and any legal venue. Millions will be spent and literally years will pass without any raise or contract improvement only to hear NO one more time.

Your fellow East pilots are not stupid lemmings like yourself and my bet is they will see the cliff and stop before blindly jumping like you have.

Last edited:
If your weapon accidentally discharges in flight, would you rather call ALPA or USAPA? Last weekend, the AAA and AWA Flight Operations Security Committee chairmen, AAA and AWA MEC chairmen, and ALPA National officers and legal staff started work immediately to ensure that the integrity of the FFDO program was protected and that the pilot involved received the appropriate advice and representation.
Ask yourself: Would USAPA be able to provide that same level of service? Would USAPA have direct contacts with the FAM service and the TSA to ensure your rights as an FFDO and union member are secure?
No. We know it and USAPA knows it.
The Bottom Line: ALPA will work to protect you from unforeseen events. Make your vote count in this election by voting FOR ALPA!

Thought this was an interesting point and applied to those who were undecided....

Turtle - the chance of almost 90% of your pilot group voting FOR usapa is about as likely as you getting DOH ever. Not going to happen. Sorry buddy.

The vote total will definitely be above the threshold - I have no question about that.

My guess is it will be about 4500 total votes and very close to 2000/2000 split are already decided and/or have voted. It's the remaining 500 that will decide it all. Your 3186/1502 guess is typical of you USAPA koolaid drinkers. You have absolutely no clue what your doing and are so detached from reality and reason that it would be hillarious if it wasn't so depressingly true.

I suspect with no plan B and a questionable plan A at very best, the swing votes will favor ALPA or abstain all together.

Let's see, no insurance contracts, no credit line from the bank, your aeromedical guy refuses to work with Harvey Watt, you desire to fight a losing legal battle for DOH. Looks like the only one who's going to win will be Seham - maybe you should just send him your money directly.

How will USAPA handle pilot grievances, sec 19 and other disciplanary issues, benefits, R&I, negotiating a new contract (hint, a 1 man team with a fractured pilot group will never work), FAA interface, TSA interface, pro standards questions, and the myriad of other daily union issues that are fires that never go out? How are they going to handle all that and magically get you DOH with their cut and paste job of APA's bylaws and constitution?

If you vote for USAPA you must realize that DOH is a flawed assumption and ONCE AGAIN you will be denied your requests...from the company (who has already accepted the list and publically stated they will not accept anything but a relative list), West litigation and any legal venue. Millions will be spent and literally years will pass without any raise or contract improvement only to hear NO one more time.

Your fellow East pilots are not stupid lemmings like yourself and my bet is they will see the cliff and stop before blindly jumping like you have.

Dude you should print that post on a piece of paper and pick it up 10 years from now.

It was just a guess. Two little numbers that have no bearing on your life whatsoever. But I had no idea it would result in such a spirited response filled with such condescension, ridicule, and hate. But then again, thats what ALAP has brought us.

Buy some flowers for your wife or play outside with the kids. You need a little sunshine.

3186 was for ALPA!:beer: The ballot did ask us to vote "No".

Last edited:
Really....such desparation.

Has anyone ever seen so much mail spewing from ALPA? Man, they weren't so "concerned" when they gave away the pension without a vote. They weren't so "concerned" when the Nic first came out. But now, boy, they're really concerned. And fearful, too. What a bunch of pussies. Not my kind of union, for sure.

They're so concerned, they drag up six month old e-mails to discredit the competition. (USAPA really does have better insurance lined up.) How grade school is that?

Funnier is how anyone thinks ALPA has any credibility left. All this crap they're saying, mailing, recording....in fact, all the crap the windfall-hopefulls are posting here....Everyone sees right through it.

Post away, boys. All your dire predictions are easy to see through. Hint: ALPA has been lying to the East for so many years, the pilots finally "get it." No information emanating from ALPA or its supporters, or its suddenly "concerned" pilots, or the National mother(f) ship has ANY validity any more. It's all bull$hit, and a huge number of West pilots would feel this way right now, too, if their vision wasn't clouded by the Nic and the salivation over aircraft and routes and seats they NEVER expected to fly just a few years ago.

You guys are just as big a bunch of a$$hole cry babies as the next group, you just aren't on the painful end of this one.

And while some guys I know are spiteful and would like to see you there, it will probably never happen. I know that USAPA isn't going to try to screw anyone. You might not get quite the windfall that Nic represents, but.....awe, gee :(

Oh, I know......here come the posts discrediting me and everything that isn't ALPA/West/ACPC, etc. So g'damn predictable, all you Westies here on FI.com.

May as well post another old or fake e-mail, or some fake USAPA posting to soothe yourselves.

18 days.

Really....such desparation.

ALPA is concerned. And of course they could have done things better in the past. Yup creditbility is an issue. In fact if ALPA had more creditbility and respect then I would venture that none of this USAPA mess would happen cause the rogues would never try to go solo... they would've known this USAPA exp. would never fly. It's a recognized problem...

Has anyone ever seen so much mail spewing from ALPA?

I'd imagine that if USAPA had the money they'd do it too... No?

Man, they weren't so "concerned" when they gave away the pension without a vote.

Who is they? Those rank and file members that voted for it?

They weren't so "concerned" when the Nic first came out.

Actually, weren't you told how Nic was going to go down? Yet you weren't concerned about it. And when you got what was expected all if a sudden you wanted to change rules after play had begun.

But now, boy, they're really concerned. And fearful, too. What a bunch of pussies. Not my kind of union, for sure.

Straight forward, I haven't seen much logic on the USAPA side. I mean we all know what you want... but there seems to be very little valid arguements. For DOH, Nic, the split and your future.

Its all talk right now....

As the email said to Bradford... [my words] All they've got from us is promises.

USAPA really does have better insurance lined up.

Like... really? Or really really has ins. lined up?

[when my niece wants to be believed she says really. If she doesn't think she will be believed she says it twice.]

Who is the company? New York Life? Self insured?

Tell us about it...

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back