• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A few weeks ago, I flew with one of our most senior captains. I told him that I didn't agree with our current seniority system, and boy did that wake him up. He's a single digit seniority guy at Aloha.

"What do you mean?"

My response was "so if Aloha was to go under, is it fair or right for a pilot of your experience to start on the very bottom of another seniority list as an FO making 25k a year?" "Well, it wouldn't be right, but it is what it is."

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and Aloha is in Chapter 11 and very likely to go Chapter 7 on Monday. Who would have thought?

My point is that ALPA is outdated and has outlived its usefulness. USAPA has its own problems, and will most likely fail even if voted in, but I have to give them credit for at least thinking outside the box even if it's wrong. Thinking outside the box is something that ALPA could NEVER do, and that's why it's outdated, and it needs to go.

Exactly!....It doesn't matter if you are ALPA, USAPA, APA, or IBT....The first union that cracks the seniority code will become the new "ALPA".....

We are too invested in our own carriers to act in the best interest of the whole.....

Rez. and the rest of the ALPA cheerleaders will say that transportability of seniority is impossible....I guess every other profession has mastered the "impossible"......

Exactly!....It doesn't matter if you are ALPA, USAPA, APA, or IBT....The first union that cracks the seniority code will become the new "ALPA".....

MI-IV? You could get Tommy "Cracko" Cruise to star in it.... Joe... you could be an extra that gets killed..

We are too invested in our own carriers to act in the best interest of the whole.....

Of course... that is why you sued ALPA so you can "get yours". See you were all about getting something for yourself at the expense of others..

Rez. and the rest of the ALPA cheerleaders will say that transportability of seniority is impossible....

No it is not impossible... It is just a matter of moving the numbers around.....

XY= xy

You can play all the shell games you want... move all the variables... but if you want to play Portable Seniority then you are going to screw somebody somewhere....

How would you merge the list of all 43 pilot groups?

I guess every other profession has mastered the "impossible"......

***YAWN***

Joe bin legal laden, you love to make general claims that other professions are so much better off...

Which professions? The lawyers making 30k a year with 160,000 in school loans?

The doctors who's decisions are being made by the ins. companies? With Mal-practice ins. making it difficult to practice specific medicines...

Look Butterfingers, while your eating popcorn, watching others, you can't even begin to offer solutions or ideas to the problems yet you love to hold other accountable...

Do you know what that makes you?

Of course... that is why you sued ALPA so you can "get yours". See you were all about getting something for yourself at the expense of others..

Just as we see with USAir/AWA and more recently now with DAL/NWA.....I was looking out for MY SENIORITY....Others were looking out for themselves at MY expense......That is the system we created....and the system we have to live with until it is changed.....

I doubt it will change so be prepared to have more the same......pass the butter....

selecting what to respond to?

Just as we see with USAir/AWA and more recently now with DAL/NWA.....I was looking out for MY SENIORITY....Others were looking out for themselves at MY expense......That is the system we created....and the system we have to live with until it is changed.....

And since you are persona non grata you will do nothing to help with positive change. You are nothing but a loud mouth annoying tool in the stands..

I doubt it will change so be prepared to have more the same......pass the butter....

Naw... you can eat buttery popcorn.. that is the best you can do... I am not a quitter.... There is popcorn in the quitters corner....

selecting what to respond to?

And since you are persona non grata you will do nothing to help with positive change. You are nothing but a loud mouth annoying tool in the stands..

Naw... you can eat buttery popcorn.. that is the best you can do... I am not a quitter.... There is popcorn in the quitters corner....

....yes I am selecting what to respond to.....It's pointless to counter every line.....as it will go on forever.....The status quo will continue....You will continue to defend it....and I will question the effectiveness of ALPA....surely as the sun will come up tomorrow....

...by the way....if I am the "loud mouth annoying tool in the stands"....why do spend so much effort responding to me? I ignore "loud mouth annoying tools".....they usually go away then......

Since I respond to you.....I don't consider you to be "a loudmouth annoying tool".....I think you are wrong on just about every issue....but if you were simply an "annoying loud mouth tool"......I would simply ignore you.....

....yes I am selecting what to respond to.....It's pointless to counter every line.....as it will go on forever.....The status quo will continue....You will continue to defend it....and I will question the effectiveness of ALPA....surely as the sun will come up tomorrow....

Rather you can't keep up... you know your postion and attitudes are flawed but you don't have the skillset to advance yourself...

...by the way....if I am the "loud mouth annoying tool in the stands"....why do spend so much effort responding to me? I ignore "loud mouth annoying tools".....they usually go away then......

Because you don't accept your responsbility as a professional. You are a professional aren't you?

There are too many young guys with apathetic attitudes. They read your drivel and hatred and think its cool. They develop your M.O. of hate.

Since I respond to you.....I don't consider you to be "a loudmouth annoying tool".....I think you are wrong on just about every issue....but if you were simply an "annoying loud mouth tool"......I would simply ignore you.....

Consider your responsbilities when posting your opinions.... of course you must have some sense of concern or goodwill..... do you?

Because you don't accept your responsbility as a professional. You are a professional aren't you?

There are too many young guys with apathetic attitudes. They read your drivel and hatred and think its cool. They develop your M.O. of hate.

Consider your responsbilities when posting your opinions.... of course you must have some sense of concern or goodwill..... do you?

One of the big differences between you and me is that I want you to keep posting your "drivel"....and I suspect you want me to stop posting my "drivel"....You help prove my point of what is wrong with ALPA with each keystroke you make....

As far as "hate".....I don't "hate" you or ALPA....I don't agree with you or ALPA.....but "hate" takes way too much energy....As is typical with those of you on the left side of the aisle....you confuse criticism and critical thinking with "hate"....

I have a sense of concern and goodwill.....First and foremost that concern deals with growing my company and protecting the careers of ASA and Skywest pilots.....I am willing to extend "goodwill" to any group that respects the "concern" of a career ASA/Skywest pilot.....To those who don't respect that "concern"....there will be no "goodwill"....Clear as mud?

One of the big differences between you and me is that I want you to keep posting your "drivel"....and I suspect you want me to stop posting my "drivel"....You help prove my point of what is wrong with ALPA with each keystroke you make....

See Joe... I know what is wrong with ALPA.. and I am working to fix it. You are not...

And it is just not ALPA... it is church, gov't etc... Every organization that has people has problems...

As far as "hate".....I don't "hate" you or ALPA....I don't agree with you or ALPA.....but "hate" takes way too much energy....As is typical with those of you on the left side of the aisle....you confuse criticism and critical thinking with "hate"....

Joe... I have yet to see critical thought from you. All you do is sneer, snide and cheer on failure...

You do hate Joe... you don't know it, won't realize or acknowldge it... but you do.

I have a sense of concern and goodwill.....

Really... what was the negative impact of the RJDC? How did it hurt the rest of us?

First and foremost that concern deals with growing my company and protecting the careers of ASA and Skywest pilots.....

How are you doing that?

I am willing to extend "goodwill" to any group that respects the "concern" of a career ASA/Skywest pilot.....To those who don't respect that "concern"....there will be no "goodwill"....Clear as mud?

See Joe... here is your flaw... you are conditional...

Leaders are not conditional.... and neither are professionals...

See Joe... I know what is wrong with ALPA.. and I am working to fix it. You are not...

And it is just not ALPA... it is church, gov't etc... Every organization that has people has problems...

Your right it is any large organization.....I actually brought this very point up in our other debate on the Skywest thread while you were typing here.....Do you know what finally got the Catholic Church to deal with the priest abuse issue? It was the lawsuits Rez...The internal organization was incapable of dealing with the issue without an external threat....

In fact do you know where the term "red tape" comes from? (History trivia break)

Using your other example....Govt.....You can only work with the Continental Congress for so long before it is time to have a "tea party" followed by a violent revolution.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Joe... I have yet to see critical thought from you. All you do is sneer, snide and cheer on failure...

You do hate Joe... you don't know it, won't realize or acknowldge it... but you do.

OK Dr Phil....whatever you say.....Why is it if I disagree with someone or think an organization has failed...I must "hate" them......

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Really... what was the negative impact of the RJDC? How did it hurt the rest of us?

I don't see a "negative impact" from this side of the fence Rez....You are helping to prove my point on the terrible conflict of interest within ALPA......Tell me....what was the negative impact....Was there one on this side of the fence....or was it only on your side of the fence......

The more you guys B!tch about it the more I realize it must have done some good.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back