• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
ALPA knew we were in a corner and post 9/11. Where was there help? Sign it and go. Were we not the first post 9/11 contract?
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

What do you mean by this? are you saying the reality of the current environment was understood?

Many trash MESA all the time, crappy contract, contract not enforced, 5 year old group grievances,....Mesa has ALPA? So this is a good thing. Are we making ALPA look Bad or are they making us look good ....if so which mirror are you looking in? Enlighten me please?

What mirror are you looking in? With attrition out of control at Mesa... who is doing the volunteer work?

Sorry but you got guys that are there for 6 months before so they can split to Skywest. Is that ALPA's fault? Do we have a smoking gun here?

Any Net Jets guys out there? Teamsters I heard that with an appeal your total grievance time is 2 1/2 months............True? Like I said 5 years

Not sure if you realize it... but the NJA guys are debating whether to rid themselves of the IBT.

This profession what you make it.... all within the realities of the our our gov't and industry...

I was talking to a UAL guy the other day... he went to Vancuver and while there asked a fellow UAL employee if Tilton raped his pension. The reply - Nope.. the Canadian gov't wouldn't allow it.

Yet... too many pilots voted for Bush and will vote for McCain..... the types of Presidents that wink and give a thumbs up to the corporations that love to rape pensions....

These same pilots that voted GOP will turn on ALPA and blame them... not the gov't they voted for and not the Corporate raiders...

alpa

What do you mean by this? are you saying the reality of the current environment was understood?

What mirror are you looking in? With attrition out of control at Mesa... who is doing the volunteer work?

Sorry but you got guys that are there for 6 months before so they can split to Skywest. Is that ALPA's fault? Do we have a smoking gun here?

Not sure if you realize it... but the NJA guys are debating whether to rid themselves of the IBT.

This profession what you make it.... all within the realities of the our our gov't and industry...

I was talking to a UAL guy the other day... he went to Vancuver and while there asked a fellow UAL employee if Tilton raped his pension. The reply - Nope.. the Canadian gov't wouldn't allow it.

Yet... too many pilots voted for Bush and will vote for McCain..... the types of Presidents that wink and give a thumbs up to the corporations that love to rape pensions....

These same pilots that voted GOP will turn on ALPA and blame them... not the gov't they voted for and not the Corporate raiders...

With all that you said attrition (must be a huge reason for the attrition and the fact that they go to Skywest (non-union)...................Then why do we need ALPA You just gave examples yourself!

I don't vote for Presidents based on ALPA, plenty of other things way more important. If so Why is ALPA not handling their/our business...they certainly handle my money each month...no problem?

What about the conflict of interest that they Regional/Major and where they bid their allegiance? Kinda tough to have a winner on both sides of the ball?

Netjets is going independent because like ALPA, Teamsters uses about 75% of your dues money on lawyers, special interest groups, payloss and other labor group.

Quote from their new Union page:
We need stronger advocacy within our industry and our pilot group has been dissatisfied with substantial dues revenues being spent on sporadic IBT representation for a long, long time. We assert that only NetJets pilots should control and invest 100% of all funds received in order to better secure our future.
http://www.njasap.com/faq.html

Marty

grievance

Netjets is going independent because like ALPA, Teamsters uses about 75% of your dues money on lawyers, special interest groups, payloss and other labor group.

Quote from their new Union page:
We need stronger advocacy within our industry and our pilot group has been dissatisfied with substantial dues revenues being spent on sporadic IBT representation for a long, long time. We assert that only NetJets pilots should control and invest 100% of all funds received in order to better secure our future.
http://www.njasap.com/faq.html

Marty
What about your grievance process?

With all that you said attrition (must be a huge reason for the attrition and the fact that they go to Skywest (non-union)...................Then why do we need ALPA You just gave examples yourself!

Why does MESA need ALPA? If ALPA wasn't on the property how would the Freedom alter ego have gone down?

I don't vote for Presidents based on ALPA, plenty of other things way more important.

Really? What is more important than paying rent each month? Have enough money for food? In addition, I am sure you want to prosper too? No? Do you think JO wants you to enjoy life or just show up and fly the jet?

If so Why is ALPA not handling their/our business...they certainly handle my money each month...no problem?

Elaborate...

What about the conflict of interest that they Regional/Major and where they bid their allegiance? Kinda tough to have a winner on both sides of the ball?

Got a better idea? How about this...

of the 50 states how about the 25 smallest break off and create the 25 Smaller States of America.

So you are saying that in Congress, everyone works together in peace and harmony?

Trust me the QOL is not well at MESA and we try to make it better...believe me. OJ is determined to make it bad by VIOLATING our contract....EVERYDAY!!!!! ALPA ENFORCE IT!

How hard s that? Very difficult for ALPA I guess...We are not winning the battle I assure you!

WHOSE job is it to enforce our contract with the RLA? ALPA. The greivance process is like telling your kid to put a band aid on the leg that's broke! A 5 year broken leg? Sounds fun

A few weeks ago, I flew with one of our most senior captains. I told him that I didn't agree with our current seniority system, and boy did that wake him up. He's a single digit seniority guy at Aloha.

"What do you mean?"

My response was "so if Aloha was to go under, is it fair or right for a pilot of your experience to start on the very bottom of another seniority list as an FO making 25k a year?" "Well, it wouldn't be right, but it is what it is."

Fast forward a couple of weeks, and Aloha is in Chapter 11 and very likely to go Chapter 7 on Monday. Who would have thought?

My point is that ALPA is outdated and has outlived its usefulness. USAPA has its own problems, and will most likely fail even if voted in, but I have to give them credit for at least thinking outside the box even if it's wrong. Thinking outside the box is something that ALPA could NEVER do, and that's why it's outdated, and it needs to go.

So another ALPA carrier about to bite the dust thanks to another ALPA carrier. Whats wrong with ALPA is that is supports carriers such as Mesa that replaces higher working jobs. If you see the amount of CRJ 700 and 900 in Charlotte, you know where all the USAIR jobs went.
Thanks ALPA for your support and please stop sending me 2-5 letters a day. Save a tree. They must have spent almost 100000.$ in postage in the last few weeks. Your dues at work.

Marty

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back