• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Vote

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ok, I've flip-flopped on the vote. Given that it appears more likely NWA and DAL will merge...I encourage all Airways pilots to vote FOR USAPA!

You must!

I need your collective pilot group to be divided and ineffective for a few more years, so that my newly-merger airline doesn't have any serious competition from you guys.

With USAPA, that is assured.

Please, for the sake of my children...vote USAPA!

Yeah...based on ALPA contracts. What about new enrollments?

Will the USAPA pilots be represented in this next round of US/EU talks. Those A330 pilots?

What happens when a A330 pilot lands in a foreign country and the local gov't wants to detain the pilots?

How will USAPA represent the A320 shooter?

They'll buy the services from ALPA ???? ....:0

PHXFLYR:cool:

If ALPA had a "merger" policy that would help...dont you think. I know they say they do....but then your group has to pay lawyers to fight their group. A union merger policy should be just that a policy and there should be no question on how a merger integration will work...end of story.

Policy and Reality are two different things. How can a group enforce "policy" when the issue is handed over, (WILLINGLY) to an Arbitraitor? ALPA Policy is a vague guideline, that's why both sides signed their lives away and banked on George Nicalau. Now 2/3rds are wimpering little bit...... Too Bad.

Becket;
I don't think it has ever happened, but the merger committee's have autonomous power to make the list up themselves (that is to say without ratification). If cooler minds had prevailed, the East would have been sitting just slightly better than the Nic.

Both parties agreed to BA, and yet one party is not willing to play by the same rule book that we all play by.

We would all save a huge amount in lawyer bills if the blind policy was a simple relative seniority (if the carriers met basic criteria....Major w/ Major, Regional w/ Regional, National w/ National, etc.).

Here's my prediction:
ALPA over USAPA. 57% over 43%. AWA pilot particpation about 98%. AAA pilot participation about 65%.

Back to the Negotiation Table, and a TA out in less than 6 months. Not ratified by the East by a bunch, Not ratified by the West by a little. More money added to the pot: Ratified by the West....Not sure about the East. Maybe 50% +1.

I can't wait for mid-day April 17th!!! Contract negotiations or a 1.95% raise!!

waveflyer-

I thought you'd have particapated in the Merger thread..... what are your thoughts on it?

Rez

Costa rica can get a brother unplugged ;) - i'll check it out

Plus i've been turned onto acomplaintfreeworld.org
which has a lot of useful advice for airline pilots- not the least of the advice is to not complain to those who do not have power over the situation.
Seriously, how many complain here as an escape for their own responsibility to be involved in REAL solutions?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back