• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Usapa Dfr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I dont know if this is what he was talking about, but the only CR I know of was protection of the top guys until and if age 65 happened, it did, hence no protections.

Come on MCDOOOOOOOSSSHHHH............bag where are you?

Yes, the whole situation is tragic. AWA was a powerhouse and without the PHX and LAS hubs we out in the East would be doomed. (AWA competed successfully with SWA for years ....right up until they bought USAirways. Then they pull a PSA and claim they can't compete anymore)Thanks for saving us .
I think it is also fair to put guys who are in their late 50's with 17 years of continous service behind 2005 new hires without any C&R. (17 years at USAir got you bottom reserve in PHL, same relative position as a 1 year west pilot. Not the west's fault USAir has had poor management and an equally poor business plan)That snapshot in 2005 really was fair for us, since we would have liquidated like ALoha. (?????? What???) I believe the Nic is a great deal for us Easties who have less then 10 years left. ( Ohhhh I get it the west pilots should take it in the shorts because a 17 year fo didn't have the forsight to leave USAir for a better job when year 10 went by and he was still BOTTOM RESERVE FO. That's your problem MCDOOOOOOOSH.......bag, you and the angry fo club think you should have all the the wrongs in your career fixed at the expense of the west pilots. The conpany, industry, west pilots.....ect. owe you something because your careers have sucked at USAirways. Your careers have sucked bacause of bad management that robbed the company blind and that didn't have the forsight to expand beyond the east coast. If you have 10 years left and are still an fo that sucks but don't expect to have west pilots disrupt their careers to make you whole. Upgrades prior to the merger at AWA were running 6 years....how long was the upgrade time out on the east?.....23 years give or take a few. Actually you can't calculate it because they didn't upgrade for what 6 ears prior to the merger??)Thanks again AWA pilots for giving us jobs and saving us.

Now only if we can get that dam Nic list implemented so we can furlough Easties instead of Westies. (Yeah newhires should go before 4 year west pilots. Thanks for the understanding...maybe you are finally getting it.)

M

If 17 years of continous service at USAirways gets you BOTTON A320 RESERVE IN PHL, he deserves to get slotted right next to the BOTTON LAS RESERVE. Longevity and seniority are DOH three different things. Too bad your pilots tied the hands of your merger comittee with the DOH or bust mandate. But like Doug says "you get what you negotiate".

I dont know if this is what he was talking about, but the only CR I know of was protection of the top guys until and if age 65 happened, it did, hence no protections.

Read nic's comments as to why he didn't give more protections. Oh wait... the east won't post the whole award. Too much information might educate the masses..USAPA and the east reps wouldn't want that.

Will someone please decypher the judge`s ruling for an old retired guy. I know both sides of the problem, so please, no editorials and no initials. Thanks

DCO.

How about Dues cut off???

Thats what it should be.......

Last edited:
Will someone please decypher the judge`s ruling for an old retired guy. I know both sides of the problem, so please, no editorials and no initials. Thanks

The prelim injunction was denied for 2 reasons: 1) the company would be punished for something USAPA was causing (downline effects of failing to support Nic)and 2) if the court was found to not have jurisdiction in the case and they later had to recind the Prelim injunction, the company might suffer financial harm.

USAPA agreed to let a single neutral hear a grievance filed by a west pilot rather than the conventional system board, since the union reps on the system board would be unlikely to support something aimed at them.

The DFR case was going to be fast-tracked so as to mitigate further negative effects of the out-of-seniority furloughs (based on Nic).

Editorial: The judge was tipping his hand as to what he felt the germane issues were and what could be the outcome (money damages) with the hope that USAPA would see the hand writing on the wall and abandon DOH and adopt Nic on their own. Once the DOH is eliminated the west will join with the east and work toward building a better contract. Retaining DOH as the holy grail only makes their eventual pyrrhic victory that much more difficult.

At least that's how I read it.

I think the judge basically said that its obvious the USAPA foundation is a screw job of the AWA guys but he can't stop the out of senority furloughs /downgrades (no company injunction)because USAPA is allowing the company to do them - with that in mind however... USAPA is liable for damages ($) associated with their actions (or inactions). Oh and DOH with their C&R's is laughable.

USAPAs going to lose their ass in this and the members are going to pay for it assesments.

In the interim Parker is loving every day the east operates under their LOA-POS

Cheers

Thanks...I`ll tune in for the next episode......

Im not sure I would listen to the FI.COM legal team on here. You have to remember they are (for the most part) junior AWA FO's making these posts.

The AWA FO's (on here at least) want the East pilots to take the furlough for their lost flying out of LAS/PHX.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back