Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lee, I am curious, if you are a Delta Pilot why are you so fascinated/absorbed/infatuated with an internal USAir issue?

I've got friends on the West side, and they have been through heck and back. What a joke, the Easties just discard a binding award, and that just aint right. I am looking forward to the conclusion, when the NIC award is actually used. This is a wake up call for all of us. You can't agree to something and then just say no if you don't like the award. If that is allowed, then nobody can be trusted. It's called BINDING ARBITRATION. If they didn't want to do it, why did they agree to it in the first place? I am interested in seeing justice done in this case. I also enjoy this industry, and comment on many issues, in all areas. This subject is not a closed subject, so I comment.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Why would ALPA want the west to fix anything? ANSWER- to keep the east from bolting.

ALPA had a responsibility to see that the agreed-to process was followed. When they tried to strong arm the west into negotiating against itself, they went too far. ALPA should have enforced it's policies and consolidated the two MECs and signed the joint contract without rank and file ratification. All within their perogative!

Unfortunately the bedwetters out east threw a tantrum and in the process of trying to placate them, they soaked ALPA good.

But alas, the NIC still follows USAPA and while they are free to try and pull off DOH, they will have to answer to a judge when they do. And that won't be pretty, I assure you.

You won't see another judge until there is a ratification of a new contract, and then you can spend all the money you want. P.S. Don't forget to remain calm at crew news in PHX.

You won't see another judge until there is a ratification of a new contract, and then you can spend all the money you want. P.S. Don't forget to remain calm at crew news in PHX.

You won't see a merger or a pay raise until you accept the NIC award. You will lose.

Bye Bye---General Lee

You won't see another judge until there is a ratification of a new contract,
Or until it can be proven that USAPA is intentionally delaying a vote on that contract until the No Bump and Flushers have pulled an Occupy Wall Street on the US System Seniority List.

The west is quite calm and why shouldn't they be? USAPA's the one out on the ledge. The west is saying, "Jump already", while the east is screaming. "Hooray, the ledge is OURS!"

Most likely the APA will pull USAPA back in, put them in the straight jacket they deserve, and implement the SLI of their choosing with the NIC as the lowest-risk bomb location for a starting point.

The lunatic fringe on the east that will threaten a DFR on APA will realize they will be far better off shutting up and taking the bowl of mush they're handed since they have neither a successful arbitration nor a track record of success in the court room to back them up.

They crow about a Legitimate Union Purpose behind DOH, but can't hide the fact that they are an illegimate union, born to take (by tyranny) from the west that which was denied them by Nicolau.

I'd give this morality play about another 8 months before the curtain falls on the Pilots United to Steal Seniority In Every Situation, better known by their acronym.

The West should have followed ALPA's advice to fix the abomination when they had the chance, and given the results they have forced and the road they have now traveled, and the millions of dollars they have squandered... the West would make the right decision if they could go back and fix it.
:nuts:

The ONLY reason ALPA requested that AWA come in and talk was because of the incessant complaining from AAA about how "unfair the Nic is". ALPA wanted your dues money, period. They wanted AWA to bend over and appease your angry FO club.

We are on this little road of travel because AAA walked away from a nearly complete joint contract (27 sections! USAPA? 6? 8? In over 4 years). We are on the little road because AAA chose to balk at the final and binding arbitration process that they agreed to. We are on the little road because Steven Bradford & the "down by the river van gang" chose to shop for lawyers that would finally tell them what they wanted to hear, and thus birth the mighty USAPA. We are on the little road because USAPA has chosen to persecute and attempt to squash the AWA pilot group at every possible turn (RICO, Address-gate, Distance Learning overpayment, etc.).

Wye ask Wye? It's the East's lie. Judge Silver just handed down a decision that says she WILL NOT release the company from litigation. USAPA is free to negotiate....BUT there are MILES of STRINGS attached to the base order. There may be a "wide range of reasonableness", but the lane you must travel is VERY NARROW.

Go ahead. See if you can get the company to participate. See if you can get the NMB to NOW see you as fairly representing ALL US Airways pilots.

Dollars well spent my friend. Hey, can we help USAPA with dues money that will be used against me...OH WAIT! We already are.

You know, people with integrity would fire up an assessment fund that you kids could pay for your DOH chase (vs. all union dues). Don't forget: There is NO WEST, there is NO EAST. USAPA represents 5000+ "professional airline pilots".........

Hi Becket!! This crappy company led by an ex-convict (I can legally say that it is not slander) has not made even close to a "billion dollars" in over a decade. Becket please read the mandatory finance reports that a publicly held company must report to the SEC and you will see this. How would this crap hole pay your entitlements that you think that you are entitelded to? "Billion Dollars" what an idiot.

Had the Pilots accepted the POS Kirby proposal....as offered, un-modified, the Company would have paid out well over ONE BILLION additional W2 Wages to the pilots over the last 7 years. Fact. I know how hard those are for you to deal with.

97% was going East to bring Parity. You blew it.

Or until it can be proven that USAPA is intentionally delaying a vote on that contract ..

Sure, go back to the judge and prove USAPA is delaying a vote on a new contract...That assumes DUI returns to the table for genuine negotiations... If there is a merger, I don't think you will see any problem with full on negotiations taking place.. In fact negotiations will be rapid and pressure to move forward will be great... The whole seniority dispute will be rapidly overcome by events. If there is no merger, DUI will be arrested again, the company will flounder, and the dispute will continue to the end of time.

:nuts:

The ONLY reason ALPA requested that AWA come in and talk was because of the incessant complaining from AAA about how "unfair the Nic is". ALPA wanted your dues money, period. They wanted AWA to bend over and appease your angry FO club.

We are on this little road of travel because AAA walked away from a nearly complete joint contract (27 sections! USAPA? 6? 8? In over 4 years). We are on the little road because AAA chose to balk at the final and binding arbitration process that they agreed to. We are on the little road because Steven Bradford & the "down by the river van gang" chose to shop for lawyers that would finally tell them what they wanted to hear, and thus birth the mighty USAPA. We are on the little road because USAPA has chosen to persecute and attempt to squash the AWA pilot group at every possible turn (RICO, Address-gate, Distance Learning overpayment, etc.).

Wye ask Wye? It's the East's lie. Judge Silver just handed down a decision that says she WILL NOT release the company from litigation. USAPA is free to negotiate....BUT there are MILES of STRINGS attached to the base order. There may be a "wide range of reasonableness", but the lane you must travel is VERY NARROW.

Go ahead. See if you can get the company to participate. See if you can get the NMB to NOW see you as fairly representing ALL US Airways pilots.

Dollars well spent my friend. Hey, can we help USAPA with dues money that will be used against me...OH WAIT! We already are.

You know, people with integrity would fire up an assessment fund that you kids could pay for your DOH chase (vs. all union dues). Don't forget: There is NO WEST, there is NO EAST. USAPA represents 5000+ "professional airline pilots".........

Ok, enough of dwelling about the past. How are we going to move forward? USAPA negotiates as they see fit within a wide range of reasonableness, a ratification occurs, anyone then gets to sue while the rest of everyone else moves on. Cheers. Look to the future!

Yes Turtle, the easties move on to paying their assessment for damages and the west moves on to collecting said damages! Because that is what will happen. $124/hr!?! I make that much as a fractional 5th year FO.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back