Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How much are you guys giving up on pay trying to hold onto this DoH idea? APC shows your top line A320 captain at $124/hr. That is about $50-$80 less than the new norm out there. That seems your captains are losing about $50-$80K each year. Seems to be a poor financial decision in just about every sense.

Your assumption that pay would increase $50-$80K each year if either side capitulated on the seniority dispute is an unfounded assumption. If it were true it is obvious both sides (even the majority side) would immediately capitulate their position on seniority preferences and move on. The West would give up the NIC windfall to have a $50K windfall, and the East would give up the DOH windfall to have a $50K windfall.... Obviously if there was $50-$80K raise neither the West or the East could prevent that from being ratified. It ain't available.

Parker is using the seniority dispute as an excuse to avoid negotiations and the only thing that will change that is the need for a merger.

Your assumption that pay would increase $50-$80K each year if either side capitulated on the seniority dispute is an unfounded assumption. If it were true it is obvious both sides (even the majority side) would immediately capitulate their position on seniority preferences and move on. The West would give up the NIC windfall to have a $50K windfall, and the East would give up the DOH windfall to have a $50K windfall.... Obviously if there was $50-$80K raise neither the West or the East could prevent that from being ratified. It ain't available.

Parker is using the seniority dispute as an excuse to avoid negotiations and the only thing that will change that is the need for a merger.

Yep. The East delivered endless bk era 9-11 concessionary contracts to Parker on a silver platter. Your side has cost us over a billion dollars just on the Kirby alone. The only upside to it you were to get 97% of it. You get Zip...one it won't change...possibly EVER.

Yep. The East delivered endless bk era 9-11 concessionary contracts to Parker on a silver platter. Your side has cost us over a billion dollars just on the Kirby alone. The only upside to it you were to get 97% of it. You get Zip...one it won't change...possibly EVER.

Hi Becket!! This crappy company led by an ex-convict (I can legally say that it is not slander) has not made even close to a "billion dollars" in over a decade. Becket please read the mandatory finance reports that a publicly held company must report to the SEC and you will see this. How would this crap hole pay your entitlements that you think that you are entitelded to? "Billion Dollars" what an idiot.

Hi Becket!! This crappy company led by an ex-convict (I can legally say that it is not slander) has not made even close to a "billion dollars" in over a decade. Becket please read the mandatory finance reports that a publicly held company must report to the SEC and you will see this. How would this crap hole pay your entitlements that you think that you are entitelded to? "Billion Dollars" what an idiot.

The Nic award is gonna get ya, the Nic award is gonna get ya, the Nic award is gonna get YOU........tonight!

Bye Bye---General Lee

The Nic award is gonna get ya, the Nic award is gonna get ya, the Nic award is gonna get YOU........tonight!

Bye Bye---General Lee

Hi Private Lee. What you fail to understand is the nicy award got me many years ago. Why don't you understand that? I shared a van with one of your crews and the fat old FO had a DPA tag.hahahahahahahahahahh!

Hi Private Lee. What you fail to understand is the nicy award got me many years ago. Why don't you understand that? I shared a van with one of your crews and the fat old FO had a DPA tag.hahahahahahahahahahh!

I don't care if the DPA or DALPA represents us, they are all the same. Instead, I just count the cash coming in thanks to my own seniority in a FAIR SLI done with an arbitrator and honored. That is the key. You have dishonored the profession. SHAME ON YOU! Looks like the NIC award will get you AGAIN.

Bye Bye---General Lee

The West should have followed ALPA's advice to fix the abomination when they had the chance, and given the results they have forced and the road they have now traveled, and the millions of dollars they have squandered... the West would make the right decision if they could go back and fix it.

The West should have followed ALPA's advice to fix the abomination when they had the chance,
Why would ALPA want the west to fix anything? ANSWER- to keep the east from bolting.

ALPA had a responsibility to see that the agreed-to process was followed. When they tried to strong arm the west into negotiating against itself, they went too far. ALPA should have enforced it's policies and consolidated the two MECs and signed the joint contract without rank and file ratification. All within their perogative!

Unfortunately the bedwetters out east threw a tantrum and in the process of trying to placate them, they soaked ALPA good.

But alas, the NIC still follows USAPA and while they are free to try and pull off DOH, they will have to answer to a judge when they do. And that won't be pretty, I assure you.

Why would ALPA want the west to fix anything? ANSWER- to keep the east from bolting.

ALPA had a responsibility to see that the agreed-to process was followed. When they tried to strong arm the west into negotiating against itself, they went too far. ALPA should have enforced it's policies and consolidated the two MECs and signed the joint contract without rank and file ratification. All within their perogative!

Unfortunately the bedwetters out east threw a tantrum and in the process of trying to placate them, they soaked ALPA good.

But alas, the NIC still follows USAPA and while they are free to try and pull off DOH, they will have to answer to a judge when they do. And that won't be pretty, I assure you.

Abso--freakin--lutely! Great summary.

Bye Bye---General Lee

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back