Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USAir East West NIC Award Resolution? Very soon!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AWA started out as 1 to 1 with the first slot going to P1, then next the #1 east guy, then awa guy, then east guy, etc.

The failing, twice bankrupt acquiree, wanted straight DOH.

Arbitrator said that both sides needed to come down off of their positions as neither was fair and equitable. AWA came to a different slotting ratio closer to relative seniority for all active pilots and the east remained on a straight DOH stance.

Remember the condition of the old Usairways at the time they were acquired. One need only go read the arbitration transcripts to se what several independent 3rd parties testified to during the arbitration....

That's why I fixed it for him...

Remember how the process began?
Of course I do. After failing to reach a deal both sides agreed to let an arbitrator decide. You can't change history to match your distorted, self-entitled point of view.

I sincerely hope there's justice at the end of our dispute. We both know how that'll go. You probably lie to yourself even more than you lie behind the anonymity of message boards.

Remember the condition of the old Usairways at the time they were acquired. .......

We can keep arguing about the viability of the merged companies and we can now see that past projections were incorrect. USAir has been hiring since last year and plans over 300 new pilots next year even though the former AWA pilots already fly 24 % of the USAir routes. AWA has shrunk, has pilots laid off, won't be hiring to replace retirees at least through all of next year, and doesn't even have enough profitable routes to even employ all the pilots they currently have, as Parker has repeatedly told everyone.

All that doesn't matter.

Folks can keep bitching that they don't agree with the majority or they can propose an alternative that is acceptable to the majority.

Democracy is what it is.

We can keep arguing about the viability of the merged companies and we can now see that past projections were incorrect.
I know I'm stating the obvious but you need to hear it.
Since our two companies merged it's a new company. Past projections, such as they were, applied for each company as stand-alone entities. All that matters is this:

"This necessarily means that career expectations differed and that US Airways pilots had more to gain from the merger than their new colleagues."

The only one proven right since the merger has been George Nicolau.

We can keep arguing about the viability of the merged companies and we can now see that past projections were incorrect. USAir has been hiring since last year and plans over 300 new pilots next year even though the former AWA pilots already fly 24 % of the USAir routes. AWA has shrunk, has pilots laid off, won't be hiring to replace retirees at least through all of next year, and doesn't even have enough profitable routes to even employ all the pilots they currently have, as Parker has repeatedly told everyone.

All that doesn't matter.

Folks can keep bitching that they don't agree with the majority or they can propose an alternative that is acceptable to the majority.

Democracy is what it is.

Isn't it Usapa's duty to fairly represent all Airways pilots ? Or just please the majority?

Usapa is a dictatorship. A useless one at that, but still a dictatorship where only those it was created to protect see any benefit. Hint: LOA93 isn't a benefit. Oh yeah, Dougweiser benefits too!

All that doesn't matter.

Democracy is what it is.

I gues that the Bular Hogg show running the operation has Nothing to do with the west shrinking and the east growing, Riiiiiiiiigggghhhhttt???

BTW, usapa is a dicktastership, not a democracy....

Isn't it Usapa's duty to fairly represent all Airways pilots ? Or just please the majority?

Usapa is a dictatorship. A useless one at that, but still a dictatorship where only those it was created to protect see any benefit. Hint: LOA93 isn't a benefit. Oh yeah, Dougweiser benefits too!

Interesting that you bring up "majority" after election day - in that regard i would always choose to be smarter and in the minority rather than dumb but say i am in the majority = but for now I guess we in the East are both smarter and in the majority

Metrojet

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back