• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You smell something...what is that fish? Is that tuna?

Oh, it's just Hammer

Hey Cruxx lets talk safety, whats your response time? With a 400 hr fo who does the thorough preflight? How long does it take to get wheels up? Tuna... good one.

Safety...hmmm never had a problem flying freight. It is as safe as you make it. Like a lot of things. It took as long as it took to get the bird airborne. Sometimes 30 mins, sometimes more, sometimes less. I flew with some really great FO's that were trained to do and did a fantastic job.

If you "what if" anything it won't get off the ground. Again, USA Jet never made me fly an airplane that wasn't good, fly fatigued, or fly into unsafe weater. NEVER NEVER

You didn't like it. Fine. You are happy now in your pretty jet. Great.

me too

Low time?

What is wrong with a 400 hr F/O? the European Airline all use them, they seem to have a great safety record, the military runs around with 200 F/O's they seem to do a good job? Training not hours define the pilot abilities. BTW Cruxx, ignore him, he probably thinks Spirit is a sucky job also because they hire piltos who have been tainted by YIP.

Last edited:
Yip the navy puts the low time guy in the left seat, while the a/c commander does all the work from the right. Don't make it seem like you were John Glenn!

Hammer2 must have gotten fired from there. You get them all the time, pissed off pilots that worked at xyz freight company and got fired, then they come on here and bitch about everything and won't shut up! I've gotten into it with this tard before. Your just wasting your time. Hope all is well at USA Jet, sounds like its getting better now. I didn't think you guys were going to be flying falcons at all this year by the way it looked last year. Hope everything stays good.

Hammer2
Is 14 hours the limit for safety, yeah right, but if a company makes you fly over 14 hours, put your foot down. Mine doesn't even want me to 91 it home over 14 hours, but I will if its safe. Yeah we DO get paid by the mile, and aren't we all doing this to build time anyway?

Cherry, why the personal attack? If I think going over 14 hrs is wrong, can't I express it on this board. We as pilots get treated bad, and a lot of it is our fault.
Cherry you know what? One day we may fly together.

Last edited:
awesome pay?

$2800.00 a month. Awesome pay? I cant believe people are getting excited over that!

Last edited:
Navy Way

Hammer it is the Navy way, you are trained to command the airplane from the left seat on your first flight because at 1000 hours and 18 months you are going to be a PPC. Often I was in the cockpit and PPC, Squadon XO,was in the crew rest station writing Fitness Reports. The guy in the left seat runs the crew, and the mission. It was 10 - 12 hours a day of radar runs in and ship rigging at minimum altitude with an engine shut down, after 700 hours of that you get pretty good at it.

Last edited:
Yip I'm sure you did a fine job. I thank you for serving this country.

Latest resources

Back