USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

pilotyip

New Hires at USA Jet Airlines will now be paid full DA-20 F/O first year base guarantee from the first day of ground school. That will be $2,851.20 per month. The training pay of $300/wk has been dropped. This is the highest starting pay of any 121/135-air carrier operating A/C under 90,000 MGTOW.

Last edited:
This is truly a sign of the times and the fact that management at USA Jet is up to date on the current market, unlike many other carriers, that will suffer from lack of staffing because of there lack of ability or unwillingness to adapt to the current market. Any qualified pilot that accepts a low paying job in this market is only cheating him/her self out of a better pay and thus a better QOL. The state of the aviation industry over the past 5 years has and will continue to create better pay and QOL for pilots at a whole. This is truly a exciting time to be in aviation. Let the good times roll!

I thought about applying but I've heard you don't get very many sim sessions before the big dance. Kind of spooks me a little not having much turbine experience. That's awesome pay though!

I thought about applying but I've heard you don't get very many sim sessions before the big dance. Kind of spooks me a little not having much turbine experience. That's awesome pay though!

go for it, you can do it!

USA Jet reimburses up to 3000 in moving expenses as well.

What's the upgrade time over there like? I'm flying a Jetstrem in Nigeria right now, and I want out.

Upgrade

Upgrade is 1-3 years depending upon turnover, which is increasing. Movement to the DC-9 is under 1 yr right now DC-9 Captain in about 7 yrs. Have not hired a Captain off the street since 1998. BTW loco but you were a 5th yr Capt, only kidding

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back