USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
NJ not player for USA Jet new hires

you can not get hired at NJ with 1000TT and 500ME, but you can get hired at USA Jet and after working at USA Jet for 2-3 years you have an excellent chance of getting on at NJ. Lets see they have hired about 12 over the last 6 years.

Last edited:
Hi!

A lot of USA Jet guys have gone/are going to NetJets. Like PilotYIP said, I didn't have the mins for NetJets when I applied at USA Jet. If I had the mins, I would've applied and gone to NetJets over USA Jet back then.

When I started, the trainees got regular pay, but a 2 year contract. Then, they dropped the contract, but instituted training pay. USA Jet has steadily been lowering the mins, and now the pay is back to regular, just like it used to be.

Currently, new guys get 5 sim sessions and then the check, but that will change as needed. USA Jet, like TSA, will work with you to get your training completed, as long as you are TRYING! Like in most things in life, attitude and effort counts. Training failures are avoided whenever possible, because they are too expensive.

AF UPT is like that now too. At times in the past, the AF used to wash guys out left and right. Now, by the time a UPT student has hit the T-37 or Texan II, the AF has ALREADY spent a ton of money on the student, and they will do everything they can to get the student up to speed.

The hiring tsunami is finally hitting upper management. UAL, NWA, USAir, AA, your managment teams are next!

HOLD OUT FOR HIGHER PAY AND BETTER BENEFITS!!!

cliff
GRB

PS-One of our Falcon capts made $15K+ in Feb. One of our Falcon FOs made $7K+ last Jun. One of our Falcon capts has over 300 hours this year (Jan-Apr), at $110-120/hour.

I thought about applying but I've heard you don't get very many sim sessions before the big dance. Kind of spooks me a little not having much turbine experience. That's awesome pay though!

The training department at USA Jet is second to none...especially in the charter industry. It is better than a some scheduled airlines actually, I know from first hand experience. I trained helicopter pilots to fly the falcon. If you come to training with a hard working attitude and you can fly IFR.....you'll be fine. But if you are expecting to be spoon fed and are still sucking a t*t then you'll fail. It's up to you.

Doesn't matter

Again NJ even if you are a 135, which is not your primary role, I understand you are subpart K. But any way thast is irrelevant, because these pilots do not have an opportunity to work for you until they meet your mins. BTW Cruxx knows what he is talking about, he beat me up in the sim a couple times.

Last edited:
i'm just waiting to get my multi commercial so i can get to that position of DA 20 training:)

Latest resources

Back