• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If the Falcon pilots got more days off, I'd consider applying. But from what I hear the crews don't even know their schedules until 3 or 4 days before the bid period begins, ouch!

Hi!

Sometimes crews don't know until a few days before the bid starts. Normally, it's 2 weeks. There's only one scheduler, so if she's on vacation, or something like that, it sometimes comes down to the wire.

We've been trying to get 13 days off/month on the Falcon, like the -9 guys have. So far, no luck.

cliff
GRB

Crews normally have thier schedules 10 days in advance of the start of the bid period, sometimes it is later due to crewmembers not turning in thier bid sheets on time and trying to get a line over the phone or the crew scheduler is on days off or sick. We don't have many complains about the schedule. If it not good enought for you , don't apply it is very simple.

Lately the schedule has been coming out about 4 days prior to the first day of the bid, much worse than it used to be. I also would consider staying at USAJ longer if we had the same amount of days off as the 9 guys. There is really no plauseable justification for treating the falcon guys like ugly step children. They took away all the weekend lines last year which was the last straw for some us. Were just sick of being treated like second class citizens for doing the same (sometimes harder) job than the DC-9.

That's alright, IMHO about 50-60% of all usa jet pilots have active apps out right now. If they don't do something about pilot retention real soon they will have lot's of falcon FO's and about 6 Captains, 3 of them over the age of 60!!

Good Luck to all

Lately the schedule has been coming out about 4 days prior to the first day of the bid, much worse than it used to be. I also would consider staying at USAJ longer if we had the same amount of days off as the 9 guys. There is really no plauseable justification for treating the falcon guys like ugly step children. They took away all the weekend lines last year which was the last straw for some us. Were just sick of being treated like second class citizens for doing the same (sometimes harder) job than the DC-9.

That's alright, IMHO about 50-60% of all usa jet pilots have active apps out right now. If they don't do something about pilot retention real soon they will have lot's of falcon FO's and about 6 Captains, 3 of them over the age of 60!!

Good Luck to all

samething is going on across the field. the falcon guys make all the money for the company and get treated like a wet foodstamp. meanwhile back at the ranch we got dc-9 guys flying once a month just collecting a pay check with 20 days off. i am so happy this pilot shortage is in full effect. finally the owners will actually have to make changes if they want to stay in biz.

Good Luck to all

This too is what I'm hearing from former USA pilots, but your coolaid drinking standards manager seems to have his head in the sand, and seems to think USA is the final career stop of many a highly skilled, high caliber pilot. NOT!

Again no idea, talk about head in the sand

Again VT thanks for the plug, you have no idea of who we are, we take a guy like ASI, Buckeye, etc, who has never flown a TJ, he stays with us 4-5 years, get his 1000 TJ PIC, gets his FAA Check airman letter and gets interviews at career places, Spirit, NJ, JetBlue, AirTran, DAL, FedEx, etc. And if things don't work out like you want, i.e. you don't get hired. You still an income you can live on while looking. The DA-20 is a training airplane at USA Jet; the career airplane is the DC-9, which is why the pay is higher. You have to pay your dues someplace; there are many ways to pay your dues USA Jet is only one of them. Many have benefited from their stay at USA Jet. BTW ASI, before you came we cranked out new DA-20 Capts' in three months after they were hired, Goose, Hunt, Porter, etc. We can do it again we have a lot of high time new hires who are potential Captain material by mid summer.

Last edited:
I don't doubt we CAN turn out Captains that fast, the question however is whether or not we will be able to keep the good FO's we want to upgrade and the training captains to properly upgrade them. Flying with the guys we have just hired, they seem to be looking for other opportunities already, or so they say at least???

It sounds like it's really not as bad as I had heard. If you've got guys in the training department staying on and not going for greener pastures, and are attracting highly skilled pilots, there must be something there. There's a lot to be said for holding on to an experienced pilot group. It's when the quality guys start leaving, unannounced, that people need to re-evauate the situation. I'll get my resume together.

Latest resources

Back