• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

USA Jet Eliminates Training Pay

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang ATPCliff.... must make for a nice vacation fund at the end of the year :)))

So I take it senior guys are the ones picking up the $1.00 beers for new hires at the wedge.

Lol
Cheers

Hmmmm...so if I was to commute from the left coast for a while what would it be like??
does the airlines let you jump seat to detroit?
is jackson close to the time for on call times as my sister lives there?
Yip..thanks for all the info
Cowboy

I saw on the USA Jet website that there is an "A&P certified mechanic on every flight qualified to perform security screening procedures..." I'm not familiar with this practice. Can someone tell me about it?

The DC-9's are on the road for weeks at a time so hte mech goes with the airplane to do preflights, routine maintenance. The mech also helps with passenger screening.

Hi!

The mech/screener is for -9 PAX flights.

About 1/5 of the pilots commute from out of state. USAJet has jumpseat agreements with a number of airlines. About 1/2 commute from within MI, but too far to make the 25"/2 hr. callout. Jackson is too far-close to an hour depending on where in Jackson & the weather.

cliff
YIP

Hi!

Everyone, basically starts out on the Falcon on reserve (we may have some guys start in the -9 right away soon, and we may have some guys upgrade to Falcon capt within a few months of coming here, but both of those are very unusual). You're on a potential 25" callout 24/7 flying Falcon freight. You can get short time off to do stuff (up to 4 hrs where you can't be called and have to make your potential 25" callout) and you can rotate to the bottom after being #1 for 12 hrs or #2 for 24 hours.

There are some USAJet crashpads (all USAJ guys), and some other guys are mixed in with Pinnacle/Mesaba/NWA, etc.

If you want a lot of info, PM me with your email.

cliff
YIP

Latest resources

Back