• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways bid 08-02

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Those east guy forget about the transition agreement offen. It states that "no fulough pilot well bump an active pilot" that goes for both east and west, remenber! How many furloughed pilots have been recalled? I think the west is safe.

Well there are NO furloughed pilots anymore... East or West...

Just a "what if..."

Let's say they decide to park 10 West 737's and eliminate those lines of flying from PHX and decide to furlough 100 pilots. Do you think they would furlough 100 East pilots in say PHL and then force 100 West pilots to go to PHL to replace the newly furloughed East pilots???

That's correct. And I've been told that one of them is quite vocal with his thoughts on the Nicolau award, too.

PHXFLYR:cool:

I got the same info. You and I will probably get to hear it when we fly with him to.

Last edited:
How do they determine seniority within a new-hire class? (Age, SS number, interview date, etc?).

Thanks

Seniority is determined by class date. Everyone in a specific class is placed in order according to age, with the oldest being the most senior.

Well there are NO furloughed pilots anymore... East or West...

Just a "what if..."

Let's say they decide to park 10 West 737's and eliminate those lines of flying from PHX and decide to furlough 100 pilots. Do you think they would furlough 100 East pilots in say PHL and then force 100 West pilots to go to PHL to replace the newly furloughed East pilots???

Thats exactly what would happen if they shrank phx...but they cant do that..Like you, we also have a limited number of airplanes that we can operate...The language in the transition agreement also states that no furloughed pilot at the time of the merger can bump an active pilot.. so given the fact there are say 600-700 pilots back after the merger I would say that all the america west pilots are safe , for now, from a small furlough. Rightfully so!

Thats exactly what would happen if they shrank phx...

The language in the transition agreement also states that no furloughed pilot at the time of the merger can bump an active pilot..

I would say that all the america west pilots are safe

Not true. The language you make reference to DOES NOT say "at the time of the merger"...

And actually, there is language in the transition agreement that references West furloughs...

Section II, B, 10 says:

"In the event of America West furloughs, furlough references in this Letter of Agreement will be modified to apply to both pilot groups."

Are you sure about the West not being able to furlough???

Last edited:
Not true. The language you make reference to DOES NOT say "at the time of the merger"...

And actually, there is language in the transition agreement that references West furloughs...

Section II, B, 10 says:

"In the event of America West furloughs, furlough references in this Letter of Agreement will be modified to apply to both pilot groups."

Are you sure about the West not being able to furlough???

section IV 2 a..Furloughed pilots may not displace?Bump active pilots.....

which may or may not be true of the different groups...but you can bet your ass this place will burn before one America West pilots is furloughed while a previously furloughed us air pilot is flying.....why do you feel like you are owed something? You would not have a job if it was not for this merger...back off the awa pilots

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back