• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways bid 08-02

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
67 upgrades out of what, about 2000 FO's? Along with the rescinded retirements, who are still FO's, means a lot of guys out East will still see no improvement in their paycheck or QOL.

Well, your numbers are off by about 700 pilots. On the last bid award, there were 1,327 active FO's flying the line. And that included 11 new hires off the street (the AWA poolies).

The latest bid (08-02) there are 67 new CA positions. Now I will tell you, most of those are on the 190, but not all. 42 upgrades will be on the 190 and 25 upgrades will be on larger equip. Bid 08-01 covers until March '08. Bid 08-02 is effective April '08. So we have 67 new Captains in 1 month.... Not to mention, that these newly upgrading (or re-upgrading) FO's will vacate their positions allowing many others to move up and improve QOL....

Good news...cant wait To be a senior line holder on the 190.....keep on upgrading! I cant wait to go to philly

Weasel;
I'll bet it's more like a contract vote. When a so-so contract is voted in, the NO voters will look far and wide for the YES voters. They will ask the YES voter "Did you vote for the contract?".

The YES voter will say: "Hevens NO! There wasn't enough money / time off / benefits on the table. I'm with you!!"

ALG, sorry my numbers were wrong, I was guessing. Still, 1327 is only 10 numbers from 1337 which has significance in many circles... yet I digress....

One thousand three hundred twenty-seven East pilots will not see any improvement in their quality of life with the bid that takes effect in APRIL which is also called the beginning of the Second Quarter of the year (or rather, Four months from now).

They do get the added benefit of being allowed to work longer with age 65 so maybe they'll see that upgrade after all. Wait, oh that's right the captains don't have to retire either so I guess its pretty much status quo.

The upgrades will go slower from here in. So basically you've got 1327 FO's on LOA pay. You guys have gotta' be stoked at this latest development.

Please, come to the table. We are all gonna' be FO's for a long time. Lets get some pay raises and work rules in place before the company can say they can't afford it.

Well, it might already be too late. I predict a narrow profit for the 4th quarter and for the full year. I predict a loss for '08 and Parker and Kirby claiming there's now no way in Hades they can even come close to paying what we are asking.

Oh well.

Weasel;
I'll bet it's more like a contract vote. When a so-so contract is voted in, the NO voters will look far and wide for the YES voters. They will ask the YES voter "Did you vote for the contract?".

The YES voter will say: "Hevens NO! There wasn't enough money / time off / benefits on the table. I'm with you!!"

We will see about that. Or you will at least, I only have a couple weeks left here.

Latest resources

Back