• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways bid 08-02

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
section IV 2 a..Furloughed pilots may not displace?Bump active pilots.....

which may or may not be true of the different groups...but you can bet your ass this place will burn before one America West pilots is furloughed while a previously furloughed us air pilot is flying.....why do you feel like you are owed something? You would not have a job if it was not for this merger...back off the awa pilots

Perhaps you should look into the WIA program. You might be needing it.

Perhaps you should look into the WIA program. You might be needing it.

Why am I not surprised you're not a man of his word. You said you'd stop posting, yet here you are spouting off garbage. No honesty, no integrity, you guys are a sad group.

Why am I not surprised you're not a man of his word. You said you'd stop posting, yet here you are spouting off garbage. No honesty, no integrity, you guys are a sad group.

Learn how to read moron.

I never said such a thing.

Last edited:
So how many vacancies did the Bid end up with?

So how many vacancies did the Bid end up with?

The award had to be re-run, but the results were just released....

There were 136 un-filled slots as follows:

CLT Airbus - 6 open slots
CLT 737 - 28 open slots

DCA Airbus - 24 open slots
DCA 737 - 4 open slots

PHL 737 - 15 open slots
PHL Airbus - 18 open slots
PHL 190 - 25 open slots

LGA Airbus - 15 open slots

BOS Airbus - 1 open slot

The award had to be re-run, but the results were just released....

There were 136 un-filled slots as follows:

CLT Airbus - 6 open slots
CLT 737 - 28 open slots

DCA Airbus - 24 open slots
DCA 737 - 4 open slots

PHL 737 - 15 open slots
PHL Airbus - 18 open slots
PHL 190 - 25 open slots

LGA Airbus - 15 open slots

BOS Airbus - 1 open slot

Thanks for the info ALGFLYR!

and just FYI...

The junior Captain (E-190) has a hire date of March 15, 1999.

His seniority number is 3155. The most junior pilot on this bid award is number 3598.

So the most junior Captain is 443 numbers from the bottom of the list...

Isn't the same 16 year guy flying captain at ASA making $98/hour flying a much smaller airplane than your E190 "captain" who makes $95? They top out at $105- AAA tops at $95...

let's keep comparing: Eagle CRJ700= $97tops at$100,Skywest: $94/$99, ExpressJet which only flies 50 seaters (half the airplane...) comes in at $93 and tops at $97- Mesa (YES, MESA!!) $95/hr at year 16 tops at $104 THE KICKER-REPUBLIC PILOTS MAKE MORE THAN YOU: A LOT MORE E-175=$108 tops at $119, E-170=$98 tops at $108- Again, AAA E-190= $95/hour

...You guys have put "CAPTAIN" on such a pedestal, you've lost all perspective to what a good job should be in either seat... Don't let anyone fool you- all this debate is - is AAA pride- to everyone's detriment, but mostly their own. It's shameful.

what was said on another thread i might repeat til my retirement: "our esteem issues cost us dearly...."

Isn't the same 16 year guy flying captain at ASA making $98/hour flying a much smaller airplane than your E190 "captain" who makes $95? They top out at $105- AAA tops at $95...

let's keep comparing: Eagle CRJ700= $97tops at$100,Skywest: $94/$99, ExpressJet which only flies 50 seaters (half the airplane...) comes in at $93 and tops at $97- Mesa (YES, MESA!!) $95/hr at year 16 tops at $104 THE KICKER-REPUBLIC PILOTS MAKE MORE THAN YOU: A LOT MORE E-175=$108 tops at $119, E-170=$98 tops at $108- Again, AAA E-190= $95/hour

...You guys have put "CAPTAIN" on such a pedestal, you've lost all perspective to what a good job should be in either seat... Don't let anyone fool you- all this debate is - is AAA pride- to everyone's detriment, but mostly their own. It's shameful.

what was said on another thread i might repeat til my retirement: "our esteem issues cost us dearly...."

Waveflyer,

I'll bet none of those airlines have EMB Captains who are in the bottom 10% of their seniority lists. They also have inferior work rules and benefits. You gotta compare apples to apples, not just pay rates.

True, but can that ASA Captain bid into the 757 or A-330?

Latest resources

Back