• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways bid 08-02

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone know who is left to be released from Republic??? I.E. Do you know their ML hire dates?

Still quite a few over there, hire dates range from mid 99 thru the end of hiring in 2000. Also there are all the CEL pilots from Mid Atlantic. I do not know the total # of CEL guys left.

Odd part of it is that due to the recalls being able to pass on the 190 and the cels taking the 190 then being bumped up to a group 2 airplane two months later, we now have a recall out of seniority going. Meaning that the CEL guys started their 9 month holds 2 months prior to the ML furloughees, so there are CEL folks coming back from Republic before more senior mainline guys are.

All original ML furloughees should be back by the end of April depending on class date starts (all released by then anyhow)

Thanks, for the info. Was just trying to figure out who from republic was going to be in the Feb 25 class. 9 of us at PSA got our release letters. The originally told us they were going to try and release us around the 15th or earlier, then rumors of the 11th. The letter came out, released us at Feb 20th. the full 9 months. I guess the collusion between ML and PSA, they coordinated our release date and class date so they only have to give us a few days off prior to class.

So just curious what seniority the next to show up in class. Talking to ML when they called, they are having 2 new hire classes beginning in Feb, though they mentioned they think they are west positions......

Ya PHX, the two classes in Feb were off the street guys, the East guys are going Feb 25.....

Hmmm...maybe he wants us over there instead of New Hires???

Still quite a few over there, hire dates range from mid 99 thru the end of hiring in 2000. Also there are all the CEL pilots from Mid Atlantic. I do not know the total # of CEL guys left.

Odd part of it is that due to the recalls being able to pass on the 190 and the cels taking the 190 then being bumped up to a group 2 airplane two months later, we now have a recall out of seniority going. Meaning that the CEL guys started their 9 month holds 2 months prior to the ML furloughees, so there are CEL folks coming back from Republic before more senior mainline guys are.

All original ML furloughees should be back by the end of April depending on class date starts (all released by then anyhow)

About 40 left at Republic...12 original APL, the rest MDA/CEL.

Latest resources

Back