US Airways & American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
and continuing......

That said, as also noted in US Airways’ prior briefs, the case law makes clear that
either party can propose amendments to the binding Transition Agreement pursuant to the
terms of that Agreement and Section 6 of the Railway Labor Act – so long as the
amendments are consistent with USAPA’s DFR to the West Pilots. The question to be
resolved by this Court is whether the amendment to the Transition Agreement that​
USAPA is constitutionally bound to require is, or is not, consistent with its DFR.

Except your buddy at AA didn't just go through two bankruptcies back-to-back and on the verge of liquidation. Quite a different story! By not accepting the Nic, you are still serving under your current twice-bankrupt-screwed contract.

Yeah, I'd like a better contract, but the fantasy that you guys have that yours is soooo much better is just laughable. AWA was always a dirt bag operation and now we work for roughly the same dirt bag compensation. So, all things considered, I disagree. By not accepting the Nic, we are standing up for what is right. Junior is junior. Date of hire governs everything right up to the point when someone says "merger." That's wrong, especially when one group receives a windfall like the West almost did.

Btw, even under Nic, weren't your top 500 US Air pilots still protected by being the top 500? Hardly a screw job!

Ah yes, the notion that treating certain pilots well at one end of the spectrum should appease pilots who were screwed at the other end. Totally insane. And, while we are talking about the top 500, who the hell did they work for, anyway? Why were their expectations so good that they weren't beaten with the same Nic billy club and their careers destroyed? I believe they were on the same payroll, but they were treated very, very differently.

The Nic is a complete piece of crap. ALPA has a lot to do with that. USAPA is doing the thankless job of correcting the injustice.

Yeah, I'd like a better contract, but the fantasy that you guys have that yours is soooo much better is just laughable. AWA was always a dirt bag operation and now we work for roughly the same dirt bag compensation. So, all things considered, I disagree. By not accepting the Nic, we are standing up for what is right. Junior is junior. Date of hire governs everything right up to the point when someone says "merger." That's wrong, especially when one group receives a windfall like the West almost did.

Ah yes, the notion that treating certain pilots well at one end of the spectrum should appease pilots who were screwed at the other end. Totally insane. And, while we are talking about the top 500, who the hell did they work for, anyway? Why were their expectations so good that they weren't beaten with the same Nic billy club and their careers destroyed? I believe they were on the same payroll, but they were treated very, very differently.

The Nic is a complete piece of crap. ALPA has a lot to do with that. USAPA is doing the thankless job of correcting the injustice.

What part of "binding arbitration" did you not understand?

1. By agreeing to binding arbitration, did you really think a straight-DOH was realistic and would have been awarded as such by an arbitrator?

2. Since when does binding not equal binding in "binding arbitration"??

"By not accpeting Nic we are standing up for what is right."

Kinda hard to take the moral road of "standing up for what's right" when you walk away from a federal, binding-arbitration award, what you all agreed to.

Let me ask you, assuming that AA/AMR does not merge, where do you envision US Air/AWA in the next 3 yrs? 5 yrs? 10 yrs? By that, I mean do you see a point down the road where your true hard-core DOH gold standard guys will have retired, and the West + US Air newhires will hold majority? Mathematically, you could figure that out probably down to a month and year based on retirements alone from the East side. What do you think will happen then?

Yeah, I'd like a better contract, but the fantasy that you guys have that yours is soooo much better is just laughable. Our contract sucks, but it is better than yours. AWA was always a dirt bag operation and now we work for roughly the same dirt bag compensation. Nope, US Air was always a dirt bag operation, but you dip sh!its got a big head when Wolf gave you a raise that couldn't be sustained. So, all things considered, I disagree. By not accepting the Nic, we are standing up for what is right. No you're not, you're pussies. A man honors his obligations. Junior is junior. Yep, and under the Nic your junior guy is still junior. Date of hire governs everything right up to the point when someone says "merger." That's wrong, especially when one group receives a windfall like the West almost did. There was no windfall for the west. Every single west pilot lost senority with the Nic. Every pilot on the east gained seniority and still captures 2 out of 3 upgrades.

Ah yes, the notion that treating certain pilots well at one end of the spectrum should appease pilots who were screwed at the other end. Totally insane. And, while we are talking about the top 500, who the hell did they work for, anyway? Why were their expectations so good that they weren't beaten with the same Nic billy club and their careers destroyed? I believe they were on the same payroll, but they were treated very, very differently. They were flying wide bodies. Your side argued that they should get special treatment...Nicolau agreed.

ALPA had nothing to do with the Nicolau Arbitration, but if blaming them gives you a warm fuzzy...OK. uSAPa is the laughing stock of the industry. Explain to me how uSAPa is correcting anything.

Yep, we are all waiting. Grown ups please speak up now! Binding sounds a lot like binding. Suck sounds like suck. You gave it up; you and everybody else pays. Thanks again Us airways. Delta fell too. Republic fly's for almost everybody. If it has a jet It should be at mainline!

Yes, I would prefer independent ratification.
Nope, USAPA wanted to be the double agent and has extorted thousands from me to do so. I want to see USAPA under court order to present and defend a Nic-inclusive contract. If Hummel wins I want him and Bradford to be forced to spin the Nic as a victory (which it really is, but they don't understand that) and disavow any knowledge of opposing the Nic.

Surely they will be exposed for the gutless crooks they are.

Dear Mr. Integrity,

If the long legal battle eventually ends in a certain result that the Nic must be submitted as a portion of the CBA for a pilot ratification vote, does your integrity also support the "agreed to" stipulation that there is an independent ratification requirement from both sides (i.e. the ALPA process that provides for both sides having a veto)?

Your kind attention and honest reply is most greatly appreciated and requested for the furtherance of your most steadfast integrity.

Yours truly,

B.R.
(Binding Ratification, the most glorious tribute To our beloved ALPA, and their prized luminaries, John Prater, Duayne Woerth, and Christopher Bebe.)

NOPE. USAPA filed for single carrier status, thereby making it a one body vote. Just remember, USAPA will have helped to deliver the jagged little pill you call the NIC. Open wide and swallow.

Sorry. You can't have your cake and eat it too in this case (unless you're Pizza the Hut).

So what? You post a link to a rag submitted by the good doctor who got smacked down by the 9th? And this is all you got? Geez you westicles are desperat

Reviewing this as a lawyer, I can assure you this is far from a "rag" and will most likely prove fatal to your case.

But go ahead grab some more hand lotion and kleenex so you can stroke yourself thinking about your delusional USAPA agenda. Those of your ilk are truly a stain on the profession.

Latest resources

Back