• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways & American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It's going to be straight DOH. The TWA pilots wanted and deserved DOH. This merger is going to happen and it will be DOH. PHX is going to be flushed to Republic and they can enjoy their relative seniority integration wtih another regional which is all AWA ever was a regional!

Nicky Baby!
How's my favorite MDA - never flew mainline - pilot? Entitlement posturing at it's very finest. Final is final, binding is binding and you still don't get what integrity means.

Have a great day. Keep clicking them ruby shoes!

Nicky Baby!
How's my favorite MDA - never flew mainline - pilot? Entitlement posturing at it's very finest. Final is final, binding is binding and you still don't get what integrity means.

Maybe West will get the arbitrated award, maybe they won't—nothing is certain.

Maybe East will merge with AMR, while West is sold to another company—nothing is certain.

Maybe US Airways will never merge and later declare bankruptcy—nothing is certain.

Nothing is certain Cactusboy.

so true. with so much bad blood they might just let the seniority integration be done on management discretion.

Nope, that ship sailed. Bad blood doesn't trump an arbitration. Now they might need to take the east to Cesar Milan after thet get back from the neutering. Even the worst dog can be trained to obey. 3600 of them are no different.

My prediction is that the PBGC pressures Horton and the BK Judge to sell the airline to someone else in exchange for the contract being gutted (or LOA93'd) but freeezing the pensions so the obligation is not dumped on the PBGC. This provides a lean AMR that doesn't impact the economic recovery (sham) that Obama's reelection depends on.

Maybe West will get the arbitrated award, maybe they won't—nothing is certain.

Maybe East will merge with AMR, while West is sold to another company—nothing is certain.

Maybe US Airways will never merge and later declare bankruptcy—nothing is certain.

Nothing is certain Cactusboy.

Arbitrated award sits on Doug's desk. Several law firms that you interviewed, 1 Arbitrator & Two Federal Judges agree it is FINAL & BINDING (soon to be THREE FEDERAL JUDGES?). Two Federal Judges also agreed, but somehow thought it wasn't ripe (yet), but would MOST ASSUREDLY BE if a contract is voted in with something other than the NIC. QUITE CERTAIN.

There will be NO split of LCC. One certificate, one work force, one company. Pretty certain, but keep clickin' them ruby shoes.

We are making money now, and according to the company we can continue to do so (even w/ oil @ $106). You don't declare bankruptcy when you are making money. QUITE CERTAIN (as long as oil stays about or below where its at).

Death, Taxes, the Second Coming, and Mike Cleary's ability to do some of the most BLOCK-HEADED actions and communications......MOST CERTAIN ABOVE ALL. :laugh:

Nicky Baby!

Listen bub, I've ben flying 73s since you were in grade school. Beautiful machine, wish I could fly it to retirement but it looks like our 73s (east) are going AWAy, just like Phoenix will be gone soon. ByBy!

Truth is, separate ops works just fine until AA comes along and kicks the rookies to the curb. Enjoy merging with republic!

Listen bub, I've ben flying 73s since you were in grade school. Beautiful machine, wish I could fly it to retirement but it looks like our 73s (east) are going AWAy, just like Phoenix will be gone soon. ByBy!

Truth is, separate ops works just fine until AA comes along and kicks the rookies to the curb. Enjoy merging with republic!

Listen Pops;
IF you "ben" flying 73's that long, then you and I were born in the same decade.

While your posts lead me to believe you are QUITE junior, they also lend the fact that you are an angry little man. I just got off the 73. While fun, I am quite comfortable in my new front office.

You are married to us until death do us part (or the next merger). Why don't you go and drink a nice big glass of Metamucil, and go take a terrific dump (might clear up your thinkin' cap).

Enjoy the Nic. It's just around the corner.....oops...hope you didn't pop a vein. See you in Philly! I'll buy the first round, I'll use my AARP card for a discount! :beer:

Hope these fit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p8vFs7Z7qU&feature=fvwrel

Last edited:

Sorry NIC, but you didn't have to stay at USair, you could have gone to Jetblue or Spirit a few years back and could have been senior. You now will have to live with the NIC award, and as Cactusboy states, it really is right around the corner. If AA becomes a player, the APA will abide by the NIC award (or lose a lawsuit bigtime), and if you are junior on the East side, you could be gone too. It's called reality, look into it.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back