US Airways & American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Says the rookie west pilot holding a lottery ticket he can't cash! LOL

Considering your twice bankrupt contract and its wages, benefits, and work rules, I have to ask: has DOH all been worth it so far? Do you guys really enjoy topping out your narrowbody captain scales at 125/hr?

Says the rookie west pilot holding a lottery ticket he can't cash! LOL

Like he wanted a lottery ticket? His pilot group and YOUR pilot group both decided to carry out binding arbitration. Once your group saw the result, they got PO'ed and walked away from something THEY agreed to in the first place. Where's the integrity? "Binding arbitration.... it's not the law, it's just a suggestion....."

The seniority list, as well as probably a joint CBA and a million other details would need to be worked out and agreed to in advance of any combination. To do anything else would result in nothing more than the AW/US mess on a much larger scale. I think the labor issues make this deal impossible.

In the end I think AMR management will get enough of what it wants to reorganize as a stand-alone carrier. If you look at the WSJ today you can see that they are already subtly threatening the employees with a breakup-yard sale if they don't get what they want quickly. It's hard to say how realistic the threat is but the AMR employees have nowhere else to go if the company liquidates, concessionary agreements pay much better than unemployment does. I think the employees will give what they have to give to keep AMR independent and hope for the best, they don't have any other realistic options.

Nobody can swallow American whole in this economy with these fuel prices and antitrust issues as well. I think they go it alone with fragmentation as another possible (but doubtful) option. TPG could be the wild-card here, this is going to be a long process.

It's going to be straight DOH. The TWA pilots wanted and deserved DOH. This merger is going to happen and it will be DOH. PHX is going to be flushed to Republic and they can enjoy their relative seniority integration wtih another regional which is all AWA ever was a regional!

More like the APA will flush USAPA down the can, and then the NIC award will be implemented FULLY. Then, it will go to arbitration again for the AA/US merger, and all will be "right" in the Universe.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

The seniority list, as well as probably a joint CBA and a million other details would need to be worked out and agreed to in advance of any combination. To do anything else would result in nothing more than the AW/US mess on a much larger scale. I think the labor issues make this deal impossible.

In the end I think AMR management will get enough of what it wants to reorganize as a stand-alone carrier. If you look at the WSJ today you can see that they are already subtly threatening the employees with a breakup-yard sale if they don't get what they want quickly. It's hard to say how realistic the threat is but the AMR employees have nowhere else to go if the company liquidates, concessionary agreements pay much better than unemployment does. I think the employees will give what they have to give to keep AMR independent and hope for the best, they don't have any other realistic options.

Nobody can swallow American whole in this economy with these fuel prices and antitrust issues as well. I think they go it alone with fragmentation as another possible (but doubtful) option. TPG could be the wild-card here, this is going to be a long process.

What do you mean the employees will go nowhere? Depending on what they give up, they will probably follow the planes, unless the planes sit in the desert for 2 years. Some airlines do want pieces, but if the pieces are big enough, then they should follow. It's a chance also to get rid of AA management.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

This merger is going to be like watching two really ugly fat people have sex. It will take a long time to figure out but in the end both participants will get screwed.

Latest resources

Back