• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

US Airways & American

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Sorry NIC, but you didn't have to stay at USair, you could have gone to Jetblue or Spirit a few years back and could have been senior. You now will have to live with the NIC award, and as Cactusboy states, it really is right around the corner. If AA becomes a player, the APA will abide by the NIC award (or lose a lawsuit bigtime), and if you are junior on the East side, you could be gone too. It's called reality, look into it.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Ok big cheese. Mr DAL pilot, screwed the NW guys so freely. What does it take to make you understand that Spirit and jetBlue never were in the same category as USAir, a top paying major airline? Why don't you quit DAL and go to work for Spirit? Thats what I thought.
I have 20+ years at USAIr and Im not going to let the westicles steal my seniority! Period! And so far their lottery tickets are just pieces of paper that can't be cashed. The 9th smacked them down and now it will happen again. Nobody can look at DOH as unfair. Nobody. The NW guys call us all the time and say that we have a noble fight that they should have done the same thing= fight for DOH. It makes our industry right and people like you will thank us later when DAL wants to buy Spirit or North American and Spirit or North American wants to merger relative seniority.

Ok big cheese. Mr DAL pilot, screwed the NW guys so freely.

Your ignorance is only slightly masked by your stupidity!

My money says that you're a new hire at best. And don't take that bet nic, looking at your payrates, you can't afford it.

Ok big cheese. Mr DAL pilot, screwed the NW guys so freely. What does it take to make you understand that Spirit and jetBlue never were in the same category as USAir, a top paying major airline? Why don't you quit DAL and go to work for Spirit? Thats what I thought.
I have 20+ years at USAIr and Im not going to let the westicles steal my seniority! Period! And so far their lottery tickets are just pieces of paper that can't be cashed. The 9th smacked them down and now it will happen again. Nobody can look at DOH as unfair. Nobody. The NW guys call us all the time and say that we have a noble fight that they should have done the same thing= fight for DOH. It makes our industry right and people like you will thank us later when DAL wants to buy Spirit or North American and Spirit or North American wants to merger relative seniority.

Is this your version of reality? You're in for a HUGE disappointment followed by foot stomping, tough talk and maybe some good ol'fashioned political infighting. Just to make you feel better. Lol !!! You should reasses your position b/c youre making a complete FOOL outta yourself. It is entertaining watching you chase your tail.

I got hired after the merger happened. But, you knew that..... I was furloughed at UAL, flew corporate, and then went to my current job. Why don't I go to Spirit now???

First of all, the two MECs here during the merger accepted binding arbitration (sounds familiar, right?), and then HONORED IT. It will now come back to bite you when you merge or when Judge Silver makes her decision shortly, which everyone already knows what will happen. Your MEC signed on the dotted line, and your 20 years will mean nothing in the end. If DAL buys Spirit or who ever, it will be handled correctly, and the arbitrators will decide fairly where people should be put. That is something you obviously can't understand, NIC put you where you deserved to be. The NIC award will eventually happen, and you can always quit.

Godspeed!

The OYSter

Last edited:
Crying over spilled milk. The problem is your group didn't fight for DOH. They fought for their views (DOH) and then AGREED that if no agreement could be made with AWA, you'd go to BINDING ARBITRATION. By definition, binding means that the result is binding to you and AWA. IF you had wanted to fight for DOH, and DOH only, then your group would not have agreed to binding arbitration.

I really get disgusted with both east and west on this board. I'm an "eastie". It seems that the usual suspects always hijack a thread that has subject matter not related to our internal battle. You guys really need to get a life! I get on this site maybe once a week and see the same guys slinging mud. Does this fighting on the board really consume your life??!!(Both sides). I'm sure the AA guys would agree with me on this one.

Crying over spilled milk. The problem is your group didn't fight for DOH. They fought for their views (DOH) and then AGREED that if no agreement could be made with AWA, you'd go to BINDING ARBITRATION. By definition, binding means that the result is binding to you and AWA. IF you had wanted to fight for DOH, and DOH only, then your group would not have agreed to binding arbitration.

Nobody walked away from anything. THe arbitration was a seniority proposal from the previous CBA WHICH IS NOW HISTORY! REally, catch a clue and get updated on things. There is no legal precedence to use an arbitrated list from a former CBA that was expelled from the property. Bottom line, DOH is coming because it is in the USAPA bylaws and AMR pilots either arbitrate or take DOH. They will take DOH any day rather than put a bunch of kids from a regional airline ahead of them on a seniority list, sanctioned by a senile arbitrator. Been there done that. not again!

Nobody walked away from anything. THe arbitration was a seniority proposal from the previous CBA WHICH IS NOW HISTORY! REally, catch a clue and get updated on things. There is no legal precedence to use an arbitrated list from a former CBA that was expelled from the property. Bottom line, DOH is coming because it is in the USAPA bylaws and AMR pilots either arbitrate or take DOH. They will take DOH any day rather than put a bunch of kids from a regional airline ahead of them on a seniority list, sanctioned by a senile arbitrator. Been there done that. not again!

Bitter much? That "regional airline" arguably saved your airline from liquidation. Your 20+ years of seniority wouldn't have mattered when your 737 was parked in the Mojave desert.

"bunch of kids" and "senile arbitrator" speaks volumes on the contempt you hold for others. The "bunch of kids" are not the reason the Nic award came out the way it did. Both the AWA group and the US Air group agreed to binding arbitration. If your group didn't want a binding award, it shouldn't have agreed to it in the first place.

Latest resources

Back