• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union getting serious at CitationAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
As long as I've been with Citationair, I've been treated like a professional. I've been down the Union road before, this is not my first rodeo son. Just because I don't share your views, doesn't make you right. I know several pilots who went to the office for a mistake and still have their jobs. There are several union shops, feel free to apply. We don't need Teamsters at CA. You have no proof, that management received bonuses, guys like you just like to continue spewing bull$hit, so we side with the union lovers like yourself.

Son?

How dumb is it really for you to assume I'm younger than you? Yup, I once again refer you to your name, it does say it all.

Well Paps, I guess even if you did attend a rodeo or two, you still failed to learn a thing. Let me preempt you, no one cares how much retirement you lost and how badly you think the unions screwed you in the past. It's irrelevant! Has no bearing on our case today. That was then, this is now. Am I getting through? Probably not, but I'm trying.

Personal, hearsay stories about how a few managed to hang onto their jobs after groveling on the carpet is not a rational argument for or against. The fact that they can fire you at anytime for no reason is!! Are you too frail to wrap your head around that, or is it really just because you can't admit even to yourself that your anti union prejudice is first and foremost on your mind and everything else is just a desperate attempt for something, anything, to justify it?

The rest of us should not have to suffer substandard conditions and wages for ever just because you didn't save for your own future while enjoying your union negotiated wages and retirement most of your previous career and now are mad that your lifestyle is not what you thought it would be in your golden years. (You sound like my neighbor who just lost his one and only house; drove up to the short sale in his leased 7Series BMW, :eek:)

It's not my responsibility to subsidize you for the short term at the expense of myself and my family in the long term. Any rational person knows what's coming but they also know there is better down the line if we just have the intestinal fortitude to go for it as a group. I suspect you know that too, but are unwilling to lend a hand just because you might not be around to benefit from it personally. Shame on you sir.

BTW, I'm not a union lover, I know they are a necessary evil, emphasis on necessary! And when it comes to bonuses, well believe what you want. Remember Donald J. Carty at AA? Oh our management is different. Right!

"Son"

Hey Fractrash,

I guess your name really says it all.

I'm embarrassed for you. You don't get it. You won't get it until it's you begging for your job in Greenwich and they are making side bets on whether or not you will break down and cry.

If anyone needs further proof of what's wrong with aviation, just check out all the geniuses like this guy. "I am willing to suck it up while management makes the company stronger". I can hear management laughing all the way to the bank as they deposit their bonuses financed right out of his pocket.

Guess it's really true, pilots are each others worst enemy. We will do it to ourselves every time, because for some reason we feel we should be grateful to the kind man in the shiny suit who lets us play with his jet everyday, even on Weekends and Holydays. Getting treated as a professional with commensurate pay and benefits doesn't even enter into it, "look Ma, I'm flyin a shiny jet" All management has to do is sit back, watch, and laugh.

:puke:

Please post on this site your pay starting with year one to today. Then post the work rule changes from then to now. One last favor, list the names of your last dozen hotels stays.
Feel free to post this from the cockpit on your soon to be company provided iPad, while wearing a Bose headset, in a fully paid for Uniform, collecting maximum per diem allowed by the IRS.
CA may not be a gripe free workplace. However, the general trajectory has been positive.
Just the facts.

PS If job security is a major concern for all you union thumping a holes. Why did you not walk out of the interview or indoc when you signed your "at will" employee contract.
Better yet, why not apply for a pilot position with NetJets or Flight Options. They both have "representation" you so desperately seek.
This is like a bad dream After choosing CS due in part to not
Having a union.

Face it, we fly multi million dollar jets for a living, life's not that bad.

LOL, is that what defines your QOL and helps save for retirement? If that is all you need, try the regionals; their jets cost more. Life must be better at the regionals then, right?

Last edited:
My father worked in the coal mines in western PA. I have it damn good, thats what I was trying to say. We all are very spoiled compared to those folks. Plus they also were unionized. That did him no good. What the hell will a union change here at CA. We don't have it bad at all. I just don't see the need to pay Teamsters money to do nothing but vacation on my dime. I'm not going to pay several thousand dollars a year to be protected from not doing my job. If we just do what we're payed for, you have no problems here. If you can't perform go somewhere else, we don't need you. Don't come here like your entitled to a career at Citationair. The next time you have to throw the gear for me, you just might not like what I have to say.

My father worked in the coal mines in western PA. I have it damn good, thats what I was trying to say. We all are very spoiled compared to those folks. Plus they also were unionized. That did him no good. What the hell will a union change here at CA. We don't have it bad at all. I just don't see the need to pay Teamsters money to do nothing but vacation on my dime. I'm not going to pay several thousand dollars a year to be protected from not doing my job. If we just do what we're payed for, you have no problems here. If you can't perform go somewhere else, we don't need you. Don't come here like your entitled to a career at Citationair. The next time you have to throw the gear for me, you just might not like what I have to say.

BK,

Save the attitude, I've heard what guys say after they've flown with you.

XTW

Please post on this site your pay starting with year one to today. Then post the work rule changes from then to now. One last favor, list the names of your last dozen hotels stays.
Feel free to post this from the cockpit on your soon to be company provided iPad, while wearing a Bose headset, in a fully paid for Uniform, collecting maximum per diem allowed by the IRS.
CA may not be a gripe free workplace. However, the general trajectory has been positive.
Just the facts.

PS If job security is a major concern for all you union thumping a holes. Why did you not walk out of the interview or indoc when you signed your "at will" employee contract.
Better yet, why not apply for a pilot position with NetJets or Flight Options. They both have "representation" you so desperately seek.
This is like a bad dream After choosing CS due in part to not
Having a union.

I would take NJ any time over this f-up place any day. Thanks for the suggestion, last I checked they had people on furlough you moron. You chose CS because it was union free? Hate to disappoint you, CA (I guess you have trouble keeping up) will soon be anything but, because most people who work here are still able to think for themselves and realize they are better off with a contract than "at will status".

Of course for people (and I use this word loosely in your case) like you, there is always a tube of KY jelly with the words "where it really belongs" available so that Steve can personally insert what ever he wants to cram in so much smoother. You are such a tool!

Funny that this moron does not post on the union website because he knows that the rest of us will hand his ass to him, so he trolls around here instead.

Good luck to you after the vote buddy, you will be the troll and everyone will know it. Enjoy life while you can.

"My Dad was a Coal miner"

My dad was a chemist, another's was an ax murderer and somebody else's was a circus clown - so what? Anyone who invokes his old man in this conversation must have serious issues of dependence that he has not dealt with yet. Will you bring up your wet-nurse next?

"We don't have it bad at all"

Yes Massa, right away Massa. Are you really this slow? I will bet you that most of those miners you mention would kick your ass if they knew what a ninny you turned out to be. I bet you don't even have the guts to tell them your anti union nonsense because you know they would skin you alive.

"I don't really see the need to pay the Teamsters money so they can vacation on my dime."

Wow your too cheap to pony up less than the average cable bill per month to protect your own family? Do they know that? What a sad sack! Trust me no one can afford to vacation on the little amount of dues you'll be paying, even if their idea of a good time is similar to yours and involves cow-tipping. Of course you can always refuse to pay them and get fired, Christmas in July would be most folks response to that news.

"If we just do what we're payed for, you have no problems here."

Yes, make no waves, do things no matter what, even if they may be illegal. Fly fatigued and with no food just because the 12 year old's in Scheduling have no clue what time it really is where you are. Just don't expect better ever, because your Dad was a coal miner or whatever. Am I feeling you right?

"If you can't perform go somewhere else, we don't need you. Don't come here like your entitled to a career at Citationair."

Au contraire, I am entitled to be treated with respect because I'm a professional and therefore actually will demand it even if that offends your little third class hangups. When it comes to performance; well if you have to bring it up at all, you must be suffering from little blue pill syndrome. We all feel for you. Lastly about needing me? Well judging from your previously silly rants that keep getting you put into timeout here, you definitely need some adult supervision, because you do seem to have trouble playing well with others in the sandbox.

Let me sum it up for you, I really don't care that you hail from Dumbassville Appalachia or wherever, what does that have to do with my family's future? Just because you're ok with the leftovers from management's table and accept whatever Massa will hand down to you, doesn't make it acceptable to the rest of us who understand the concept of "Be all you can be"

Please go sell half-assed corporate coolaid somewhere else, we've all been stocked up here for quite sometime.

I'm not going round and round with with someone who acts 16, I have better things to do. I'm done with this topic, my vote will reflect how I feel.

Last edited:
I would take NJ any time over this f-up place any day. Thanks for the suggestion, last I checked they had people on furlough you moron. You chose CS because it was union free? Hate to disappoint you, CA (I guess you have trouble keeping up) will soon be anything but, because most people who work here are still able to think for themselves and realize they are better off with a contract than "at will status".

Of course for people (and I use this word loosely in your case) like you, there is always a tube of KY jelly with the words "where it really belongs" available so that Steve can personally insert what ever he wants to cram in so much smoother. You are such a tool!

Funny that this moron does not post on the union website because he knows that the rest of us will hand his ass to him, so he trolls around here instead.

Good luck to you after the vote buddy, you will be the troll and everyone will know it. Enjoy life while you can.

As advertised. Adversarial toward management and anyone who doesn't tow the union line.
I can't wait for the bickering to start between the "we should have gone on strike for a "better contract" vs "the union did the best they could"
Or
"We should have struck longer we could have had a much better contract" crowd. It never ends................
Thanks for the name calling and lack of facts that would have shown everyone on FI that you wouldn't be happy under any circumstance.
Checking out for another 7 days off. Looking forward to the next 7 days off later this month. And my 3 week vacation later this summer.
Good luck with pissing your life away worrying about situations out of your control.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back