• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Union getting serious at CitationAir

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't be to harsh on old Bogart, It was just a case of posting while throwing back a couple beers. This will be the closest we've come to unionizing, but I don't think it will pass by a small margin. Many of us at Citationair have zero confidence in Teamsters, my self included. NJ showed them the door and Flight Option's contract wasn't ground breaking. Many of the problems we have here are just the signs of the hard times everyone is having. We just need to suck it up for a while and do are jobs until the shoe is on the other foot.

The shoe will never be on the pilots foot, you don't have an say in the rules!
Until the rule are in a CBA the shoe will be in the pilots A$$!

I may not agree with everything management does, I do respect the fact there trying to run a business and I've been able to provide for my family. We're not treated all that poorly here at CA. Teamsters are not the answer. If they were why did NJ drop them like a bad habit? Times are hard, just look around at the job market. I know way to many people looking for work and can't find any. I feel blessed to still be employed and making a great salary working for a great company. Face it, we fly multi million dollar jets for a living, life's not that bad.

Your right management will always do the right thing for the pilots....keeing your head in the sand will not make it go away. If you dont vote in a union IBT or not... trust me the other shoe will drop.

Sorry, just don't see it. Frankly I'm tired of all the Sh$t I receive in the mail from Teamsters. They can save a lot of money in postage if they would take me off the mailing list.

Again, I just don't think we're treaded that bad. My opinion could change down the road if they start.

I don't think they woke up one morning and said, "lets screw with the pilots." I'm sure there trying to keep are company viable in this bad market place. Even though I didn't like the adjustments they made, I'm sure they felt they were needed in order to keep the company strong. Now, if and when times get better and we start to boom again and cuts are made, then come talk to me.

Hey Fractrash,

I guess your name really says it all.

I'm embarrassed for you. You don't get it. You won't get it until it's you begging for your job in Greenwich and they are making side bets on whether or not you will break down and cry.

If anyone needs further proof of what's wrong with aviation, just check out all the geniuses like this guy. "I am willing to suck it up while management makes the company stronger". I can hear management laughing all the way to the bank as they deposit their bonuses financed right out of his pocket.

Guess it's really true, pilots are each others worst enemy. We will do it to ourselves every time, because for some reason we feel we should be grateful to the kind man in the shiny suit who lets us play with his jet everyday, even on Weekends and Holydays. Getting treated as a professional with commensurate pay and benefits doesn't even enter into it, "look Ma, I'm flyin a shiny jet" All management has to do is sit back, watch, and laugh.

:puke:

As long as I've been with Citationair, I've been treated like a professional. I've been down the Union road before, this is not my first rodeo son. Just because I don't share your views, doesn't make you right. I know several pilots who went to the office for a mistake and still have their jobs. There are several union shops, feel free to apply. We don't need Teamsters at CA. You have no proof, that management received bonuses, guys like you just like to continue spewing bull$hit, so we side with the union lovers like yourself.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back