Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

UAL to not make it through the Winter???

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is always some DORK that is picking his nose wishing UAL will go out of business so "his" airline will grow and he can advance!

Karma is a beeyotch LOSERS!

Good luck to the fine Employees at ALL THE AIRLINES!

and good luck to the UAL pilot group...lord knows you been through hell and back!

All that matters is that UA maintains a positive cash flow for now. That $150 million dollar injection from the spare parts loan will be on the Q3 report; not Q2. Personally I think UA will be ok. If not through weathering the storm, then through BO.

He has absolutely NOT earned any such right. The rights of the government are limited to what the people have given them in the Constitution.

Therein lies the crux of the difference between liberalism and conservatism.

So the military recruiters / ROTC get unchecked access to address my son's class anytime they want but the Commander and Chief of the military does not? WTFO...

IMHO you people are WAY out there with this one. Last week a gentleman was caught on my son's school campus during school hours (a security violation since he did not check in). He did not even have any kids enrolled in the school. He was attempting to recruit support for the district to boycott the speech. If your group's previous behavior is a predictor, I have to believe you will show up this week at schools with side arms and Hitlerbama signs to shout down the oppositon.

Bottom line if he's the pres he gets to address them just like Bush #1 in 1991 and W reading the goat book during 9/11. I would welcome any president to address the students of this nation especially with a stay in school message.

Good luck to United's employees BTW. I think this thread was about that originally.

Guys:

I'm NOT trying to stir up a hornet's nest or pi$$ in anyone's Cheerios. Please don't take it that way. I don't want this to happen and am not advocating a position either way.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is hearing this. Yesterday, I had a talk with a bud about consolidation in the industry vis a vis DAL and NWA and the topic turned to UAL and whether they will make it at all. His theory was that they shouldn't and I disagreed simply on a jobs front. We were talking about UAL having to pledge spare parts as collateral for their loan covenants and I thought that definitely didn't sound good. He said that he is hearing that Lufthansa and others are hovering around trying to figure out which parts they want, planes, routes, ops, gates, systems, etc.

So what is the scoop over there? Is there a load factor issue? Is there no money or advance bookings to make through the Winter? Are there rumors of parting out the company?

Just wondering. No flamebait. Best of luck to all the UAL bros and buds that I have over there. This industry is proving to be a mother!

WM

This "friend" you have does not know what he is talking about...just his hopes....

And Bush jr, Clinton, and Reagan. Reagan even asked them to support his tax cut. Talk about politicizing the discussion with kids.

Last edited:
That's what republicans would do

If you want to compare politics, I can move this thread to the N-A forum and you can have at each other!

Wow. According to the little thingy in the top right, I haven't been here for a long time: Welcome, Andy.
You last visited: 03-07-2009 at 13:01

I see UAUA's demise is still the top thread. It's entirely possible. What's UAUA's cash burn? How about other airlines?
I haven't analyzed that sch!tt in a while but I'm sure that someone will post each airline's cash burn rate.
UAUA's been proactive on making cuts. I know; I was furloughed again back in April. They've made more cuts than their competitors and are miles ahead of them in that area. Those cuts translate into lower cash burn rates.

I won't view United as dead until I see a lot of asset sales. That's always the precursor. So far, no asset sales. Don't get me wrong; United's in a very, very bad financial position - it's double plus ungood.
As for the pilots at United, I think that they're a bunch of self-serving idiots. The company's in dire straits, yet you're jonesing for a pay raise. Wake up and smell the java. Gawd, I wish that I had applied to Southwest - at least I'd be flying with people who didn't find supplemental work on the movie set of 'Idiocracy.' I'm pretty sure that the Secretary of Education's role was filled by a ranking member of UAUA's MEC.

Latest resources

Back