UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
clownhater said:
Are you going back? Also, how much notice are they giving you? I am trying to figure out what I am going to do when they call me.

Yup, I am going back. Gave me about 2-3 months notice. Plenty of time to think it over. I was ready to leave in 2003 and now it is time for me to go back. Can't say I didn't enjoy my furlough but I think I want to get on with my career hopefully finish with UAL in 2031.

Anyone know the date of hire of the most recent UAL furloughee to be recalled? I heard Aug 99 a few weeks ago, but can't verify it.

Huggyu2 said:
Anyone know the date of hire of the most recent UAL furloughee to be recalled? I heard Aug 99 a few weeks ago, but can't verify it.

Calling guys hired 11/99 probably start calling the 2000 hires soon.

YGBSM!!! If so, they are BLOWING through the ranks. In addition to mil leaves, it seems a lot of folks have moved on. I just got a card from a bud who's been with UAL over 10 years. He left last month for a new company.

Huggyu2 said:
YGBSM!!! If so, they are BLOWING through the ranks. In addition to mil leaves, it seems a lot of folks have moved on. I just got a card from a bud who's been with UAL over 10 years. He left last month for a new company.

50-65% Bypass rate, but you would be surprised how that may change soon.

Thru Dec 09/05:

Junior Pilot to receive recall: Sen# 7538, DOH 10/11/99
Pilots Exercising Bypass Rights: 297

Latest resources

Back