UAL Returning Furloughees

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Kentang4 said:
I was hired 11-15-99. Just got the call yesterday for a March 20, 2006 class. Can't wait!

K

That has to be your best Christmas present by far. Congrats.

AA
:beer:

Seniority #

Huggy,
Very good guess, I'm 7638 on the list.

AAflyer,
you got it! Probably the best present ever!

To all the guys and gals at UAL who have worked so hard and given up so much to get folks like me back on the property, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I can't wait to be back in uniform! Merry Christmas to all and may 2006 be a great year for our industry...

Kent

I'll drink to that! Have fun at TK!
BTW, I have a UAL bud that just left after -- get this -- 12+ years at the company. I found out in his Christmas card. I hear this has happened quite a bit.

Congrats to recallees.

(Does this mean scantrons will be just around the corner? Say, 2007?)

Huggy,
I've heard that lots of guys have left as well, but apparently that trend has slowed back to fairly normal levels as the company gets ready to exit bk. I'm still a little shocked at the number of bypassers though. They chewed through at least 100 guys/gals to get 30 for the March 20 class.

Goggle,
At the rate they are going I wouldn't be too surprised if they get through the furlough list by the end of '06, so you might be right about scantrons in '07. Let's hope so.

K

Kentang4 said:
Huggy,
I've heard that lots of guys have left as well, but apparently that trend has slowed back to fairly normal levels as the company gets ready to exit bk. I'm still a little shocked at the number of bypassers though. They chewed through at least 100 guys/gals to get 30 for the March 20 class.

Between people accepting recall and then exercising mil leave and bypasses, that sounds about right.
As we get lower in the list, I'd expect bypasses/mil leaves to increase. However, some of that will be offset by previous bypasses accepting recall. I read a recent post on UAL's ALPA forum that the 75/767 is starting to go fairly junior. Perhaps we'll see bypass/ mil leaves come back when they are able to get on the 75/767. With the long seat locks, this may be a smart strategy.

Agree. So many junior pilots (those hired in '01, especially) have moved on to careers with SWA and others. They had very little invested, and as a result, those they "bypass" (read: delaying their resignation from UAL) will soar upwards of 80%+.

Andy said:
With the long seat locks, this may be a smart strategy.

How long is the seat-lock? Also, how much soft-pay was taken away? IOW, do you need to fly 100 hrs/mo in order to get paid 100 hrs?

Latest resources

Back