• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA WARNING: Commuters must be in Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
i'm eating a very large messy bean burrito before my commute home from now on..... the tsa can search my wreck tum.........

A friend of mine, before he was furloughed from UAL, shortly after 9/11 when all the rules were changing, and the TSA was getting its rocks off dump searching every crew member, was flying out of a New England airport on the first flight of the day, this captain had just had it dealing with the dip$hits, and decided to screw em back.

This captain took a nasty pair of ripped and faded skivvies, tighty-whiteys, and spread inside them, a Baby Ruth bar, and laid it ontop in his roll-aboard.

TSA ******************************bag asks him to dump his bag going thru one day (in full uniform of course, since he is working the flight), and opens it it - displaying the skivvies for all to see. Captain is just staring straight forward (my friend said he could play some killer Poker), TSA ******************************bag sees the skivvies, decides not to go any farther, zips his bag closed, and sends him on his way.

They laughed all the way to Chicago. My friend flew with this captain the entire month, and loved it.

Embarrassment is a formidable weapon. Let’s find a news station and run a story on wasting our money and resources. We have all been through back ground checks and through security. Since I have access to the flight controls I really don’t ……..never mind I won’t even say it. So this is a complete waste of our tax dollars and security resources.

this is a joke....there's no way he was followed to the damn bathroom.

I will continue to change in the stalls. A uniform that anyone can buy should not be the determining factor, a company ID and license are.

A lot of airports do not even require that you be in uniform to pass through security. I've seen pilots and FAs go through all the time in regular clothes with the liquids, whether they are non-reving or deadheading.

The TSA only affects your life if you let them. It's a small amount of control freaks and cry babies who get all worked up over a very simple process that only takes 1 minute out of your day. Play the game and play by the rules and just move on. Amazing how many pilots let this get to them. If you can't get thru TSA without getting all hot and bothered than thats your problem.

A lot of people said that in 1933.

When ignorant thugs acting under color of state authority create their own "rules" and "procedures" in the name of "safety" you should be worried.

Like the bumper sticker says, If you aren't outraged, You haven't been paying attention.

Sounds like a wise use of time and resources by TSA.
They probably had to close another screening lane at the terminal to
pick on the XJ crews, but who cares? Long lines at security are totally
justified as long as full size tubes of tooth paste are confiscated from
commuting crewmembers.

I'm glad I don't commute any more. But, this madness has to stop.
Time to pick up the phone and call the union.

TSA was waiting outside XJ ops, in DTW, on Friday with their little cart waiting to do searches.

A lot of people said that in 1933.

When ignorant thugs acting under color of state authority create their own "rules" and "procedures" in the name of "safety" you should be worried.

Like the bumper sticker says, If you aren't outraged, You haven't been paying attention.

It is with deep regret that I must agree with this statement. The TSA MUST have checks and balances to assure that they focus of the threat, not innocent passengers and crew. There are obviously too many of them if they have enough time to engage in such activities.

this is a joke....there's no way he was followed to the damn bathroom.

I will continue to change in the stalls. A uniform that anyone can buy should not be the determining factor, a company ID and license are.

VPS - 24 June at 1735CT, pull the tapes and then issue me your apology...

WHY:
I did antagonize them with a "are you flipping serious" I'll change right here (and did) and asked them to re run the bag and liquids as I would be in uniform by the time the bag came across the belt again. As a get even TSA power move - they did everything in their power to delay me getting through security the second time by asking a family of four for DRIVERS LICENSES and SOCIAL SECURITY CARDS or PASSPORTS for the toddlers in the bunch ahead of me.

These guys wanted me to miss that last flight of the day, and if you pull the records the flight was fortunately delayed over 25 minutes. They almost got me to miss my commute...almost.

TSA did nothing technically wrong, just enforced a stupid policy to the point of threatening me with going to Jail and a mandatory fine and court appearance. I don't hold them in the wrong here, and kind of support the supervisor's comment that he doesn't create the regulations but he does do a good job of enforcing them - followed quickly by "you are going to jail" but whatever there.....

Fine... you don't have to pay attention to my warning. I was just trying to help, and possibly get the pilots to speak to their unions to fix the blanket policy of screening crew members without cause.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back