• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

TSA WARNING: Commuters must be in Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just one more way for these "INEPT" IDIOTS to mess with us!:angryfire I am so sick of this BS...time to head to FFDO training!:D

Wait so let me get this right. They're spending their resources sitting outside pilot crew lounges waiting to snag pilots (for kicks?) rather than sitting at the security line waiting to catch potential threats?

I don't get it.

I better enjoy corporate while I can, with all the shampoo and gels I could ever want in my duffel bag, transiting through mom 'n pop FBO's instead of terminals and monkeys in TSA uniforms.

Last edited:
I accessed the actual instruction for air carriers and TSA security screeners. This document, the AOSSP, should be available to each one of you - if you are also an airline pilot.[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

Had I read it before this I would have had an excellent defense to KEEP MY SHOES ON, and KEEP A "REASONABLE" AMOUNT OF LIQUIDS OVER 3oz IF THEY WERE PRE-DECLARED.

Any person can keep their shoes on, unless after the first attempt they set off the alarm. Both cases are located on page 7-2 under Sec 7.1(3) of the AOSSP; which you may again access through your security coordinator or company website.

Oh, and you guys that get turned around for boarding passes, or for not being part of an airline that serves that airport (say SWA trying to go to gates at DFW) - Amendment to sec 4.3.1B.1 that allows all pilots to do so under a certain condition that you normally do anyhow as a non-rev or jumpseater.

I encourage all of us Professional Airline Pilots to read and recite the TSA's regulations back to them when they appear to be poorly trained and/or misinformed. I'll start educating passengers too like "you dont really have to take your shoes off... just dont set off the alarm".

or

"All of y'all set off the alarm.... these guys are pains in the asses so this is your turn to overwhelm them - but dont do anything to compromise security by any means"
[/FONT]

Last edited:
And whats even better, is that if you put your gels and liquids in your pockets, you can get them on the airplane since the metal detectors won't pick it up. Do they not think that the terroists have realized this, with liquid explosives?

i'm eating a very large messy bean burrito before my commute home from now on..... the tsa can search my wreck tum.........

Just another reason I am happy to be working in Asia now. It is really sad to look back and see what has happened back home, especially in regards to how the TSA has affected pilot's lives.

It's all about the tap...

Not to mention checking everyone's DTW airport ID's in case some how the rent a cops that sit outside the door miss something that the card reader/punch code miss.... If only I knew that I could have such a rewarding/better paying job by NOT going to college.

But don't you feel so much safer after you hold out your badge and they tap it with their index finger?

Just another reason I am happy to be working in Asia now. It is really sad to look back and see what has happened back home, especially in regards to how the TSA has affected pilot's lives.

The TSA only affects your life if you let them. It's a small amount of control freaks and cry babies who get all worked up over a very simple process that only takes 1 minute out of your day. Play the game and play by the rules and just move on. Amazing how many pilots let this get to them. If you can't get thru TSA without getting all hot and bothered than thats your problem.

Yeah, make sure you enjoy it, you never know when it will go away, I wish I was there.

The TSA is officially the dumbest governmental institution I have ever seen, and that is saying something, because lets be honest... there are some SERIOUSLY DUMB governmental institutions. TSA... the very worst one of all.

Replace the word "dumb" with "dangerous" in that paragraph and I'll agree 100%.
I'll lay a $100 bill on the TSA being directly responsible for allowing the next 9/11 to happen.

The TSA only affects your life if you let them. It's a small amount of control freaks and cry babies who get all worked up over a very simple process that only takes 1 minute out of your day. Play the game and play by the rules and just move on. Amazing how many pilots let this get to them. If you can't get thru TSA without getting all hot and bothered than thats your problem.

Sounds to me like you work in a place where they are not so bad. It varies from airport to airport. If you had to put up with some of this crap you'd be singing a different song Mr. Fat Dumb and Happy living in your base.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back