TSA WARNING: Commuters must be in Uniform

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawaiimei

Forwarded from our own forum... please write your elected officials!!!

The warning is:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE CLOTHES inside the secure area, a restroom, or airplane. Doing so after clearing security (with liquids over 3oz) will result in something like a $250K fine and a mandatory appearance in the local court - even for a tube of toothpaste, apparently. The details I will not write down in any form, but I was nearly instantly arrested for "interfering with a TSA investigation."

I did something along those lines today and was followed to the restroom by a TSA supervisor and two Police Officers who were NOT kidding.

Until the Pilots or our Union does something there is no uncertainty, commuters MUST BE IN UNIFORM no matter what the company manual says about dress code.

I hope ALPA is doing something for us on this. Today's situation was solved with a very wrinkled uniform shirt and no wings. Proof that the badge and license are nothing, the $12 dirty is what makes you a good guy.

Airport: VPS

Pilots, Grandmas, and two year olds with sippy cups, we all know those are the highest risk groups.

Must be in uniform period- or only if you have liquids gels or aerosols over three ounces?

Forwarded from our own forum... please write your elected officials!!!

The warning is:

DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE CLOTHES inside the secure area, a restroom, or airplane. Doing so after clearing security (with liquids over 3oz) will result in something like a $250K fine and a mandatory appearance in the local court - even for a tube of toothpaste, apparently. The details I will not write down in any form, but I was nearly instantly arrested for "interfering with a TSA investigation."

I did something along those lines today and was followed to the restroom by a TSA supervisor and two Police Officers who were NOT kidding.

Until the Pilots or our Union does something there is no uncertainty, commuters MUST BE IN UNIFORM no matter what the company manual says about dress code.

I hope ALPA is doing something for us on this. Today's situation was solved with a very wrinkled uniform shirt and no wings. Proof that the badge and license are nothing, the $12 dirty is what makes you a good guy.

Airport: VPS

What if you go to the crewroom and change there? Or the LAV on the airplane?

And what if I didn't elect any of my officials?

Must be in uniform period- or only if you have liquids gels or aerosols over three ounces?

The latter I believe. If you can follow the pax rules, you can follow the pax dress code.

What if you go to the crewroom and change there?

I have heard that the TSA has been known to stand outside of our crew room and search the property of crewmembers who are not in uniform, subsequently taking all banned dangerous toothpastes and mouthwashes.

FFDO

Nothing is sweeter than walking right on through...with a big smile on my face that says....Have a nice day....(edit).

Mod Input: Creative spelling is not allowed per the Terms Of Service of Flight Info.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back